Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Had an Atom with CF scales a couple of years ago and didn't really like the knife, felt for a knife with a 3.5" blade and an AOL of close to 8.25" the handle was too thin for my liking and always felt I'd probably like the Neutron better. Finally decide to give the Neutron a go, unfortunately the OD Green Micarta 3D contoured scales weren't offered with the initial purchase so had to order them separately. To TRM's credit they offered some of the Neutrons naked without scales but they were sold out so ordered the knife with Jade scales because that was the next cheapest option and I'm not going to be switching out scales.

v8bkxLf.jpg

SPNDME8.jpg

7rPpm7F.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't really need it but couldn't pass up this EB "find"-- an early pre-2000 version of the Moran Featherweight (FB01) with an upswept VG10 blade and a leather sheath in a white box w/proper markings and an insert consistent w/the period -- for what I considered a "good" price.

The knife has a mirror finish and is in perfect condition. The blade is so well polished that it's hard to photograph it w/o picking up something in the reflection of the blade. The sheath is unused but has some imperfections due to (mis)handling. The box is intact and in generally good condition but there is some water/moisture damage on the label end.

No plans to use the knife; just adding it to the collection as an example the 1st fixed blade knife (if the numbering is to be believed) that Spyderco made.

s-l1600.jpg

In order to put this purchase in context, I thought I'd also show photos of my entire Spyderco fixed blade collection below, which includes a couple other early/hard to find model variations, that I hope that some people here will find of interest.

2nIfDsm.jpg

1) Street Beat w/Black Micarta Handle (FB15P)
2) Fred Perrin (F04P)
3) Street Bowie (FB04BB)
4) Moran Featherweight (FB01)
5) Mule 20CV (MT23) w/Black Scales
6) Mule LC200N (MT25) w/Earth Brown Scales
7) Mule S45VN (MT31) - Blank Only
8) Reverse (FB34G)
9) Ronin (FB09G2)

mjTX6ai.jpg

10) Jumpmaster 2 (FB24BK2)
11) Jumpmaster 1 (FB24BK)
12) Junction (FB38GP)
13) Lum Tanto w/Black Micarta Handle (FB03)
14) Puukko (FB28GBBKP)
15) Pygmy Warrior (FB29GPSBBK)
16) Serrata (FB32GP)

Last edited:
View attachment 1631267View attachment 1631270This thing is freakishly small. But it feels amazing in the hand. Very fidgety
Not the typical mail call today, but what a great work mat!

ZxuPhvI.jpg
im glad you like it. Ive been looking at that one but was hesitant to pull the trigger. Getting it for sure now. Especially since I lost a pivot screw to a knife. Luckily it was just a Twosun slippy

Back