Evil, Wicked, Mean, and Nasty...!

SharpByCoop

Enjoying the discussions
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
....as well as Elegant, Wild, Masterful and Not-a-forged-bowie... :p

This must be Don's week. He's getting lots of good press.

orig.jpg

(Knife courtesy of EliteCustomKnives.com)

Don Hanson and Rob Blanton work together on occasion. I am not sure where the inspiration for this one came from, and I will let Don fill us in, but it strikes a chord--a LOUD one--in it's appearance.

Notice the skull-crusher which appears to be part of the blade when closed, and that little finger hilt in the middle of the handle. Why? Why not? Crisp auto action that commands attention. There are just as many subtleties as there are stark, purposeful features.

Add in a touch of Hanson Goblin Damascus and there it is: The Devil's EDC!

I like showing off work from my faves....! :thumbup: ;)

Coop

I really love that knife.

Don't take this the wrong way, Don-I like your knives overall, but your folders are where I think you really excel over your peers, especially the full-bore, dressed out - pimped out models like this.

Good Show!

Well, Coop really out did himself with this one. I almost fell out of my chair when I opened the email with this image attached :eek: The inspiration ? I guess Rob and I both like large, wicked auto fighters and it was a fun piece. Thanks Coop, you are the man :thumbup:

Anthony, not taken the wrong way. I've been told more than once to quite messing around with the large forged blades and concentrate on folders but I love the big blade too. I do make more folders than fixed and will most likely continue. Thanks for the input.

Don, you know I love your folders, but don't let these guys talk you out of making them big forged blades before I get one:D :D

Oh, that's a very pretty piece of work indeed. Beautiful coloring and superb detail - normally my interest in folders is in working ones, but I really love this one. Great job!

That is artwork.
I would hesitate to touch it because I'm not sure I'd be able to let it go for a while lol...

How on EARTH did they do those little skulls and whatnot ?? That is insane.
I'm assuming that is mammoth bark for scales ?
Wow...:eek:

Just another incredible knife by Don shown off by Coop. :cool:
I love this place.

Coop's description nails it for me. That pup sure is dark and evil with jaw dropping work from every angle.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I can't say enough about the quality of Coop's work, he is GOOD at what he does.

Here are the spec's.

4-3/8'' Crazy Hanson Ladder Damascus Blade.
Hanson Mosaic Damascus Bolsters.
Premium Fossil Walrus Ivory Scales.
Solid 18K Gold Screws,
Gold Overlay on Release Bar and Inlay Inside.
Heat Colored SS Pivot Screws. (for strength)
Fileworked and Anodized Titanium Liners.
10'' Long open including Skull Crusher.

Yeah, I have to agree, I really prefer your fixed blades, and your folders, so, stop making the other stuff and just concentrate on those already! :)

That is one cool auto Don. :thumbup:

MISSINGLINK said:
I just can't stop lookin at this thing!

What's up Mike? Style remind you of anyone we know?

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

sunfishman said:
I've been told more than once to quite messing around with the large forged blades and concentrate on folders

Don't you listen, Don! :p

Make BOTH!

I gotta admit, when I first saw the title of this thread, I assumed it was about Jerry Fisk! :p :D

Thanks for the compliment STeven ;)

No worries Danbo, there will be more large forged blades in my furture :D

Back