Exciting or what!?

Dunno about you guys, but this is the first time I've been party to a knife company's inception.
Dan's Bushcraft knife project got me into his work and following the design process, voting on sheaths etc, really got me interested. Makes me feel like part of something:)
I have no money at the moment, but felt I HAD TO order a Dingo. So I did.
I think I now get the whole "Hog" business.

I'm with you Chinpo, this is something (special) I think that Tom and Dan are going to take K9 knives over the top. It's going to be the knives that everyone is going to have to have and want. And for them to let us be a part of this is what makes it so special. The two protos that I've seen have a look that nobody else has. And I feel it's just a start with a lot more to come in the future. My only fear is, when all the knife magazine's come out with reviews on - K9 - it's going to be hard to get one. So my way of thinking is, get em while you can !!!!!!! :)

I think its very exciting. I'm prooud to know Dan. I've met Tom, and seen his work first hand too, and its very good stuff! An american company is born. Makes you feel good.

I too am excited about the Dingo. It looks like a great knife. I also like the 5" blade size. I have several bigger fixed blades but they are not just to wear out anywhere. I think the Dingo can be carried without scaring the masses, especially in a leather sheath. I'm really looking forward to getting it. Is there are timeframe yet for when the Dingos will start shipping?

It's nice to be part of the community on the ground floor of something new. :thumbup: Dan & Tom, thanks for making this possible.

Dunno about you guys, but this is the first time I've been party to a knife company's inception.
Dan's Bushcraft knife project got me into his work and following the design process, voting on sheaths etc, really got me interested. Makes me feel like part of something:)

I think you do. :D

I'm a Hog (and a Rat!) ... and I'm in for K9. ;)

I feel the exact same way. I have some of the Early early Busse pamphlets with the A2 Steel Heart. I won't make that mistake again, that is why when that email hit, I jumped on the chance and called immediatly. I was most excited when Tom answered the phone, Dan sent me the invoice to pay via paypal. My world came to a halt when my new CC was not registered with PayPal, whom I despise. My chance to get in on this ground floor was in the crapper. I sent Dan my regrets, explained why I would not be able play at this time because of the CC thing. He said that they would be working on a way to take cards soon and would I be interested when they do. No sooner did that email from Dan arrive did I get a phone call from Tom with a solution to my problem. All this took place in about 10 minutes. That kind of customer service is RARE in todays day and age.

I was happy I decided to spend my money on a K9.

Cerberus:thumbup:

First, a BIG thank you to everyone for your input and support!!

Dan and I are both really excited about this and are already looking forward to the next models! We will be including you guys in a good number of the decisions as we get out new company up and running!:D

Thanks!:thumbup:

Tom

Very impressive knife made by two excellent knifemakers.....and a company that has the makings of great things. That Dingo is getting used. no doubt about it. I don't own safe queens. :)

I'm happy that the first knife is called a Dingo and that one is coming to Australia :)

I too am a K-9 fan......I ordered as soon as I could drag my fat butt over to the computer. This is going to be soooo cooool. I do not spend unwisely but this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a great team of knifemakers.

Great to have you guys on board...it's hard to describe just how nice the Dingo feels "in the hand"....it feels as good as it looks. I can't even say that about every knife I make...this one is an exception....truly a great design. :thumbup:

Back