"Exclusionary" Threads

No, outsiders may not be welcome, especially if "outsider" means someone who pops in to denigrate the fans favorite knives. That may cross the line into trolling. Moderators do not need to be playground monitors, though.

Certainly. Seems like there are going to be a lot of "fine lines" to negotiate in a thread like that. That's why they pay you mods the big bucks! :D

Anybody taking bets on on the first occurrence of "hater" or "fanboy"?

Won't be from me.

Thanks, Mods! It's good to hear that not being a member of a group will not exclude one from participating in a "group" thread, and that expressing an opinion differing from that of the group will continue to be allowed....within the "normal" rules, of course. No doubt the creators of these groups/threads are aware of this.

Sounds like that guy really nailed it.

Certainly. Seems like there are going to be a lot of "fine lines" to negotiate in a thread like that. That's why they pay you mods the big bucks! :D

Anybody taking bets on on the first occurrence of "hater" or "fanboy"?

Won't be from me.
The thread has been closed per the OP request, and has been moved to the group section. If trolling is present in their group I don't think it would be inappropriate to issue warnings and infractions as necessary. It is disappointing to see that a group of members cannot enjoy a thread without having to deal with so much resistance from a select few. I mean, it's not a fan forum or anything remotely against the rules. Simply a place to hang out with like minded individuals. Anyone here should be allowed to participate freely. I also agree with Esav in that babysitting a specific thread should not be necessary. I guess I'm trying to see the 2 sides of the coin here.

The Group section seems like the perfect place for fans to discuss the objects of their fandom without running the risk of having to listen to people having opinions different than their own. General doesnt...to me. A dedicated subforum would be the perfect place also. Obviously that ain't happening.

I hope they have found themselves a home. Good for them and good for the rest of us.

Back