Executioner Swords - what are the 3 holes in the tip for?

Maybe some of you are lost but this is discussion forum like any other on this site. Keep the discussion on topic and civil. If you want to act like morons, take it to W&C.

does this forum not have a rule against troll posts?
Even the wiki I work on requires posts be relevant.

For my money, i'd guess that they're purely decorative and have no other purpose except to look neat

It does and my apologies to the OP. We are back on track now so please continue on.

7 weeks later I get a warning for being off topic coz johnny-come-lately prude Jack complained. It is a stupid repellant topic, now only practiced by terrorists & tyrants.

7 weeks later I get a warning for being off topic coz johnny-come-lately prude Jack complained. It is a stupid repellant topic, now only practiced by terrorists & tyrants.

Yep...and if you think it's a stupid and repellent topic free to not post. Nobody is forcing you to put your fingers on the keyboard. Additional comments about the warning belong in Tech Support.

Last edited:
I've read one possible explanation. It was the superstitious belief that it would allow some of the evil energy created by beheading so many bad people to escape through the holes, making the sword easier for the executioner to control.

The general belief is that the three regard the Holy Trinity and not an uncommon decoration on Axes and other arms/armour. I have my own pet theories on some common fetishes such as hearts. If we look at the tarot, one finds the suits representing the merchants/taxes (pentacles/diamonds), royalty and religion (hearts), common man (wands/clubs) and the military (spades/swords). Clubs representing common man, the executioner's sword and the decoration might well represent the justice of the common man.

FWIW

GC

Last edited:
Back