Exotac titanLIGHT, who's used one?

I'm nearly set on purchasing an Exotac titanLIGHT, but I haven't seen much discussion on them.

If you own one or have used one, what do you think of it?

I've played with one and it was fun. Like all things Exotac, the quality is top notch. However, I don't have much use for a high quality lighter, and if I was buying I would lean more towards a jet lighter.

I've played with one and it was fun. Like all things Exotac, the quality is top notch. However, I don't have much use for a high quality lighter, and if I was buying I would lean more towards a jet lighter.
I hear you. I like the simplicity of this Exotac. I like the idea that I could replace anything that wears out.

I've had several jet lighters, but none of them seem to be as fully reliable as a Zippo.

What's your favorite jet lighter?

I ordered one of these lighters shortly after creating this thread and getting impatient from not immediately getting dozens of responses.

I just got it today. My initial impression was that it is very light feeling (compared to a Zippo) and cleanly and well made. I won't be able to not compare this constantly to a Zippo. With that said, if you've used a Zippo, everything about this Exotac will be familiar. I had read warnings about not overfilling with lighter fluid because it will leak out of the top and set your fingers on fire. Other than that one consideration, filling and lighting is as easy as you would expect. A strong breath directly down into the chimney will extinguish the flame when it's done being used.

One thing that the Zippo has going for it over this titanLIGHT is that the Zippo has a flipping cover. The cap of this one either takes up my left hand or has to be put in my pocket so I don't risk setting it down and losing it. I'm tossing around the idea of a neck or belt lanyard so that the cap can just hang while I use the lighter. I'm not sure what I'll do yet.

I want to do some light testing with water resistance and also to see how long fluid will really stay in the lighter. Just going off of initial impressions, I could see myself buying the other colors that Exotac offers because they'd be handy to have around in different places and I took a lot of joy in collecting Zippos back in the day.

I'll check back with an update at some point, but in the meantime I'm still curious if anyone else has one.

9vUFQH5.jpg

g1xPV5F.jpg

4GCb6Dw.jpg

5ikARlo.jpg

qFbiXbB.jpg

Biggest thing that made me stop carrying a Zippo was the leaking. If this lighter truly is leak proof I can see me getting one.
I filled mine 2 and a half months ago and I just checked it last night and it lights up just fine. In my unscientific studies, it's holding on to fuel just fine!

Good looking ligther for sure... But for $45-$50 it better be!!! I must say I am a fan of CLIPPER gas ligthers. Same concept as BIC lighthers but with a different form factor (semi-cilindrical shape instead of oval). You can get them with rubberized texture and bright colors, whiich helps finding them in your pack or should you drop it. Best of all, refilable AND cheap.

I used a Zippo for my outings for a while but the fluid evaporated rather quickly and was not reliable. Butane ligthers are pretty much stupid proof and for the price and weight, you can carry several.

May splurge one of this days and try to get one. Is going to be hard here in Spain!

Back