• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

exotic wood blocks

I received my wood today, Thanks!! I realy like the kingwood, can you get it by the block (ex. 6"x12"x2")?

I'll keep my eyes open but I think a piece that big would be prohibit-ably expensive since it's a small tree, I've never seen one that big. Do you really need it that big or are you going to cut it up smaller?

edit: I think I found a log that you could get a fairly solid block out of, but it would probably have a few checks in it, and it would be $100 for the 6x12x2,

Last edited:
I plan on cutting it up. I figured that a large block would be cheaper like it is with amboyna burl but I didn't know it was a small tree.

Would it be cheaper to get oval pieces or square 1.5x1x12 blocks? I'm broke right now but I should have money for more by next friday.

V2
V9
V1

C2
C11
C4
and the mystery block???
are theses still here
how much??
buzz

I'm biting.

how much the wenge block and how big is it?

any more jatoba scales like i got before? :D

do you want help with the mystery wood?

Everything is still there, the block W1 is approx 3.5" x 7" and 10" and $25, I have tons of jatoba right now, just name your sizes and quantities.

V2 - $10
V9 - $8
V1 - $10

C2 - $20
C11 - $5
C4 - $15

mystery block - $10

Check out this great looking knife by koyote, with jatoba scales.

62-1.jpg

Are the long, ~10" cocobolo scales, C2, still available? I'm also looking for a small block of a light-colored wood, maybe tulipwood. I can't pm, so if you would like to email me, you can at c_kyle@embarqmail.com.

Thanks.

Here's a butt side shot, shows some of the grain from a different angle. It's a joy to work with.

(don't ask me why this photo came out darker, it's a digital camera mystery.)

62-2.jpg

Nice knife Koyote!

I'm looking for some jatoba 1"x1.5"x12", how much would each block cost? Could you give me the prices of P1, V2, T2, T3, and C2? I'm also looking for a piece of king wood 1"x1.5"x6" if you can get it.

Thanks
-Dan

Ok, I'll take P1, C2, and two of those Jatoba blocks. Do the prices include shipping?

more jatoba!
109-2.jpg

104-1.jpg

104-2.jpg

and luke's cocobolo

87-3.jpg

Now if i could find the photos of the lignum vitae one...

Back