Expect a slew of new knife laws soon, is anybody watching out for them?

I don't recommend arguing with the FAA since it will be a losing battle for sure, but I expect many states and/or cities to introduce more restrictive knife legislation soon. Can someone with AKTI watch out for these things and alert us all as soon as something is found?

Yes

I have phone calls in to both Aviation sub committees, a call and an email to the FAA.

I received a phone call this morning from the security arm of the FAA looking for information about associations to do with box cutters and knives. I shared website and contact information for both AKTI and AEPMA (American Edged Product Manufacturers Association).

I told him that I did not think any box cutters were made in the US anymore.

At our board conference call we held earlier this week all the regents and companies represented agreed to contact their local congressman and senators with the message the the knife community wants to be involved in whatever legislation discussions are going on. We have a lot of engineering and material expertise, not to mention a level head, to contribute into this process.

I am attending a bbq for my local congressman, Duncan Hunter next saturday so I will bend his ear then. He has not been able to return my phone calls so far. His office keeps telling me he is in meetins constantly...I can accept that...He is on the armed services committee.

I will update as things develop.

Back