Experiences with 20cv?

Now that a whole new batch of GSO's are getting ready to come out I'm thinking of adding some 20cv to my current set of 3v Survives. Anybody have the 4.1 or 5.1 in 20cv and actually used it and can give me their experience/opinion on it? Seems that overwhelming majority have 3v, haven't heard too much on the 20cv performance. Thanks.

i had a 4.1 and a 5.1 in CPM 20CV and it performed great for me. i tried i abusing my 4.1 by sticking the edge into a hard wood and moving it side to side and didn't suffer any damage. Also i dropped my 5.1 on a concrete floor and the edge just rolled. lastly, if you insert your knife in its factory kydex sheath and it so happens that there's small rocks in your sheath, with the steels hardness and abrasion resistance those rocks might not scratch the finish as much as if it was a 3v. it's just something that i noticed. and of course it also depends on the size and hardness of the particulates in the sheath. I hope this helps!

Very helpful thank you. It's one thing to read the descriptions of these steels and it's another thing to hear from someone whose put them to the test. Don't hear much about their 20cv.

It's pretty excellent stuff. Holds a nice edge and takes one relatively easily though typically stainless steels are harder to sharpen. My favorite Survive I have (and I have quite a few) is my only 20CV blade which is a 4.1.

I only have real experience with 1095 and cheaper stainless steels, but could anyone compare the use of 20cv to D2? I've read that people do like D2 for smaller blades, but can chip out in larger, harder use knives. Is there any comparison or not really?

Impact resisitance is lower, but that's about the only difference other than with 20CV from 3V, it resists rust/blemishes better, but that's purely cosmetic.

I'd take 20CV over D2 with it's best heat treat and geo any day.

Back