Explanation of Variants, Models, Blade Styles etc......

Steven65

Traditional Hog
Platinum Member
I have wanted to buy a few of the production knives for some time but I am somewhat confused by the bewildering nomenclature of the models, handle options and the numerous variants as time has passed.

Could you please explain a timeline of production of the non-custom Demko's with a further explanation of steel options, blade styles, handle options, etc......

I know it's a lot of work but this would be an excellent resource for new buyers who are not familiar with the brand and would like to have some deeper understanding of the history of the knives and their evolution before purchase.

I have wanted to buy a few of the production knives for some time but I am somewhat confused by the bewildering nomenclature of the models, handle options and the numerous variants as time has passed.

Could you please explain a timeline of production of the non-custom Demko's with a further explanation of steel options, blade styles, handle options, etc......

I know it's a lot of work but this would be an excellent resource for new buyers who are not familiar with the brand and would like to have some deeper understanding of the history of the knives and their evolution before purchase.
Hey Steven65,
Yes I can do that and it is a great idea. All I ask is to be patient as it will take some time.

Hi Steven, here's what I got off the top of my head:

AD15:
Steel: S35VN, 20CV (maybe 3v I think)
Blade Shape: Drop point
Handle: G10, Fat Carbon, Carbon Fiber, Micarta, Ti

AD20:
Steel:
20CV, Cruwear, 3V, 204P, M390, Magnacut, Elmax, S45VN, M4, D2
Blade Shape: Clip Point, Sharksfoot, Drop Point, Slicer Shark (with and without studs I believe), Tanto (dealer exclusive yet to be released I think)
Handle: Grivory, G10, Carbon Fiber, Ultem, Ti

Hope this helps, there might've been one or two things I forgot

Last edited:
Was there ever a large-pivot 20.5 with red scales? I have one with the regular pivot, but like the large pivot.

Back