Extra fine diamond for kme(reposted in maintenance sorry don't know how to delete)

Hello I did skim through the forum options for a dedicated sharpening section so if I missed it or if there is a more appropriate place to ask this please let me know so I can move it there

I recently picked up the kme sharpening system as an upgrade from the triangle sharpmaker and as someone who is new to sharpening I really appreciate how easy it is to use

I currently have 4 diamond stone (140,300,600 and 1500 grit) plus a strop I am looking to get a few more diamonds for it that are progressively finer than the 1500 grit I know there are whet stones but I would like to find diamonds if at all possible to keep thing just a tiny bit simpler (and dryer)

I see that there are much finer diamond stones but I cant seem to find one made for the kme so I am wondering if any of you guys have tried stones finer diamomd stones from other brands that will fit the kme with little or preferably no modifications

Thank you

Hello I did skim through the forum options for a dedicated sharpening section so if I missed it or if there is a more appropriate place to ask this please let me know so I can move it there

I recently picked up the kme sharpening system as an upgrade from the triangle sharpmaker and as someone who is new to sharpening I really appreciate how easy it is to use

I currently have 4 diamond stone (140,300,600 and 1500 grit) plus a strop I am looking to get a few more diamonds for it that are progressively finer than the 1500 grit I know there are whet stones but I would like to find diamonds if at all possible to keep thing just a tiny bit simpler (and dryer)

I see that there are much finer diamond stones but I cant seem to find one made for the kme so I am wondering if any of you guys have tried stones finer diamomd stones from other brands that will fit the kme with little or preferably no modifications

Thank you

Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment is the sub forum where you will find sharpening discussed the most.

As far as fine grit diamond stones go. It seems like every manufacturer has a different grit rating system. Your best bet is to figure out how many microns you stone's grit equals. Then you can use that to cross reference between brands. There is a conversion chart someplace in the maintenance forum that lists most common brand stones. I don't know if KME is on it, as I don't use KME. My observations from my looking for stones is that most diamond stone manufactures top out at about 15 microns as their finest grit. A few go to the 3 to 4 micron level. I hope this helps.

O.B.

Back