• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Extra Hard Redwood Burl - Old Stock Cut in the 40s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished updating the ones where payment was received through paypal. The blocks that were shipped today all went priority mail so they should get there pretty quick.
Thanks everyone, Mark

All the blocks in this thread have been paid for. All were shipped Priority mail excepf those for Ib2v4u who askes to delay shipping while gone. Shipping can be tracked at your paypal payment. Sometimes the package will arrive before the post office has everything entered into their computers.

Blocks were also shipped today for; Greg Shahan, Shawn Knowles and Nick Wheeler who asked me to pick out ones for them.

Thanks everyone. This was fun but now I'm ready to take a break. Good thing tomorrow is Thanksgiving. We don't call the holiday Harvest Festival around. That was a month ago when the Hippies around here harvested their crops. If you know what I mean.

Agreed I got my package today and all I can say is WOW!

I'm looking forward to the day I have the skills to make a knife that deserves having something that looks as nice as that on it.

Once again, Mark has proved himself to be a totally top shelf supplier!

The wood got here lightning fast, and it is ABSOLUTELY, INSANELY, GORGEOUS!!!!!!

There will be many happy knife collectors knowing their handles were not hidden away in a coffee table somewhere Mark!!! :D :thumbup: :cool:

Wwwwwwwwoooooowwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is some beautiful wood! THANKS Mark!

You guys all suck! :grumpy:

You're all making sweet sweet love to your new pieces of wood, while I, waaaay up here in the Siberia of the Northeast, have nothing new to play with................. yet.

Curse you 49th Parallel!!

You guys all suck! :grumpy:

You're all making sweet sweet love to your new pieces of wood, while I, waaaay up here in the Siberia of the Northeast, have nothing new to play with................. yet.

Curse you 49th Parallel!!

I just checked USPS for tracking info. Looks like this will be a case of the package arriving before they update the tracking info. It was sent on the 25th so it should be there any time now.

It was sent on the 25th so it should be there any time now.

Mark - Intense curiosity and wild anticipation fueled my comments, not a lacking in faith!

I'll just continue to twiddle my thumbs while I wait for the mail sled to come 'or the hill!!

You guys all suck! :grumpy: You're all making sweet sweet love to your new pieces of wood, while I, waaaay up here in the Siberia of the Northeast, have nothing new to play with................. yet. Curse you 49th Parallel!!

You're getting out there that's for sure. I'm only 20° from the equator. :D Remember what they say, anticipation's 90% of pleasure.

Last edited:
All the blocks in this thread have been paid for and shipped now. Feel free to post any comments when your blocks arrive. I hope you all like them.
Thanks, Mark

It looks like I may have made an error with an order that was mailed. There are 2 blocks left in my office that shouldn't be there. Those of you who purchased blocks please check your shipment and let me know if it is not right. If your order is not correct please contact me by PM or call my workshop at 541-592-5071. Leave a message if I don't hear the phone. I will call back right away. If your order is not correct I will make things right immediately. Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.

I received my wood today. Stunning just doesn't adequately describe this stuff.
I'm really gonna' like working with it.

Thank You!!

Mark - Email sent.

Last edited:
Mark, I can't believe how heavy this stuff is. It's almost as heavy as cocobolo!

Mark, I can't believe how heavy this stuff is. It's almost as heavy as cocobolo!

I think it is as dense as the lighter-weight coco. I calculated the density at around .85g/cm^3.

Mark, I don't think I've properly thanked you for my block. It is probably the coolest piece of wood that's ever entered my shop.

Phillip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back