Extrema Ratio Col Moschin

I've seen this knife mentioned in a couple of places and 1SKS even has a listing for it but... no picture, no specs... it's not even on the ER website :eek:. What's the scoop on the Extrema Ratio Col Moschin :D?

It is a sweet blade. I handled one and it's got a great feel to it. Perfect grinds, beautiful curves. ;)

Here is a bigger picture!

Col%20Moschin%20Spec%20Sheet%20Pic-1.jpg

That colonal must have been one bad dude to have a knife that nice looking made in his name. :)

Boink,

From what I understand...he was! The "Col Moschin" was a WWII unit named after its founder...not real sure of all the facts but I will get them from Italy and give you all the details here.

This knife feels as good as it looks. At the SHOT SHOW I heard this statement many times " Best feeling knife I have ever had in my hands". Certainly that is a matter of personal taste but it does feel GOOD!

Besides the obvious talents of this knife, what are some of the field chores one can expect out of this knife design? Can you chop with it, for example?

As you mentioned the "obvious" duty of this knife is as a fighter. However it is heavy duty enough to do standard field chores. I certainly would not hesitate to put this knife thru very rough treatment to include chopping. The Col Moschin Military Unit even practice making a spear out of this knife! Pretty tough.

What are you doing posting so late at night? Wait a minute, what am I doing on the forums on a friday night? :rolleyes: :D

I've spent half the night finishing up a double-edged necker that's been kicking me in the hinny. Oh well, it's still a lot of fun -- plus, I need to make some money for one 'o' them M.P.C.s.

The steel in all ER knives is N690 Cobalt Stainless Steel. The finish on the Col Moschin is called Testudo. This is the only finish available. Since this is the official issue knife of the "Col Moschin" unit we are keeping it the same.

Could be true! I am just repeating what I have been told and what I learned while I was in Italy. Sometimes the translation, and the understanding thereof, can be real tricky. I promise to get the real hard facts and post them here. If my info is wrong...probably is...I do apologize!
Thanks for the heads up Lizard!

I do know they are a hardcore group...very similiar in makeup to our Navy Seals which they train with regularly (from what I understand).

Back