Extrema Ratio: fake knives are for fake people

We can bash fakes all day long but they will never go away so there is no reason to agonize about, and bash them. They are everywhere, always have been, and always will be, and for all different types of products, not just knives.

The worst fakes I ever saw were parts for airplanes and their engines, now that is really scary.

Thanks for posting the pictures. However unless you have both of the fake and original in hand I think without some very critical analysis of a picture of the authentic knife, and who carries around such pictures, and the fact that is much cheaper than one from a reputable knife seller, which is the best clue to it's fakiness, you would be hard pressed to tell the difference.

ezgif-1-d40434c256.gif

"MADE N ITALY" is just great. It's funny to see people going through all this trouble to make a counterfeit and then screwing up on such a simple yet critical detail. The tang welded to the blade was pretty crazy to see, thanks for this informative post [edit: I see it is four years old!].

4 year old thread folks.

Well, it may be a 4 year old thread, but the interest in screaming about fake/counterfeit/homage/copy knives and the endless droning on and tearful rants about how it hurts everyone down to the actual core of our society never seems to get old for some.

I am surprised this thread hasn't taken off.

SOS, different day.

Robert

Well, it may be a 4 year old thread, but the interest in screaming about fake/counterfeit/homage/copy knives and the endless droning on and tearful rants about how it hurts everyone down to the actual core of our society never seems to get old for some.

I am surprised this thread hasn't taken off.

SOS, different day.

Robert
Exaggerate much?

Damn it. I just ate. Not a great time to run across pictures of Extrema Ratio knives.

That's a big reason why I try to go with reputable websites and not role the dice amazon or too good to be true cheap sites. I've seen $70 for a pm2 on a "wholesale" site, and surprise they had it in stock even though no one else does. One of the things I've always been curious about with the fakes is have they ver actually gotten something right. The manufactures are pretty much obligated to say all fakes are trash and I agree with that. I just wonder if they've seen fakes and thought, wow they nailed the jimping, or dang that's a good grind and steel.
Are you kidding me? I've seen the fakes at the buck factory. People send em in cause they break or fall apart so no, they don't admire thieves building crap under their name.

I've read people like buying fakes so they can handle them and determine I'd they want to spend the money on the real thing makes me want to vomit. Don't support them.

My son inadvertently bought be a crk21. He honestly thought it was legit. I posted the fake in the crk forums for their advice. They all were disgusted. I ended up getting 3 messages wanting to know where he found the knife. So they could buy one. I did not reply.

Back