FAA, "No knives on keyrings" . . . how 'bout nail clippers?

Ok,
Our group had numerous nail clippers confiscated due to the prescence of a pointed nail file on them. Since we cannot carry a knife, and we cannot carry clippers with a file . . . anyone have any suggestions on a good quality clipper that does NOT have a file and can be carried on a keyring while travelling??

Primary motivation is to snip the wireties I use on luggage zippers

Jason - I've got a pair of Henkels nail clippers that does not have a dedicated fold out file. It does have some "traction notches" cut into the lever that can be used for a file if need be, but they also are for a secure grip. These are the best pair of nail clippers I have used, cut very well. Forget about those cheapies you can get in the plastic bin right beside the cash register at the checkout of a drugstore :) I bought these years ago in a knife shop while vacationing in Canada, IIRC.

Though, it might be kind of hard to find a pair of nail clippers without a file. Maybe buy one that has a fold out file and use a Dremel to cut off the file? :confused:

Now you've got me concerned whether I'm going to be allowed to carry on board a Fisher Space Pen. This is absurd, but I think a Space Pen is far more "dangerous" than the file on a nail clipper. Are writing instruments going to be banned from aircraft?

I had two space pens and had NO trouble with them! Dexter, thanks for the advice . . . I'll check out the Henckel's!

Back