Factory 2nds 4.1 or 7/7

Which one should I go with!?! I have a preordered GSO 6 in 20cv and a 5.1 in 20cv wouldn't mind having the 4.1 as a small work knife and wonder if the 6 would be big enough to do anything the 7/7 could do? Thoughts and opinions please thank you

I prefer the 3.5 for detail work since the 4.1 is almost 9.5 inches long.
The GSO 6 is essentially a 5.1 without the choil, so anything you can do with the 5.1 you should be able to do with the 6.
The 7/7 has a bit more cutting edge and it also has a choil so it is significantly longer than the 6, but the differences aren't so drastic that you'll be unable to make do with either.

I prefer the 3.5 for detail work since the 4.1 is almost 9.5 inches long.
The GSO 6 is essentially a 5.1 without the choil, so anything you can do with the 5.1 you should be able to do with the 6.
The 7/7 has a bit more cutting edge and it also has a choil so it is significantly longer than the 6, but the differences aren't so drastic that you'll be unable to make do with either.

Agreed.
But i think you should settle for at least one of those models, even if you don't "need" it, just because it will be worth opting for and having a 3V model along side your 20cv's :D

Which one should I go with!?! I have a preordered GSO 6 in 20cv and a 5.1 in 20cv wouldn't mind having the 4.1 as a small work knife and wonder if the 6 would be big enough to do anything the 7/7 could do? Thoughts and opinions please thank you

I have all of these knives. As a matter of fact I started with the 6 and then got a 7/7 and then got my 4.1 and the 5.1 on the same day. The difference between the 6 and 7/7 comes down to the choils. The 6 and 7/7 edge length are the same size . Next choice do you want a (larger) small knife or a med knife? The 5.1 can do 85% to 90% of what a 4.1 can do. Again it's a matter of preference. I prefer the 5.1 and the 7/7 because I like choils and med size knives. I work with very hard, treated and med size wood. For this medium I need power and control. If I were working with soft, green and smaller wood I would work with the 4.1. The 6 or 7/7 paired with a 4.1 is a great combination. OR the 5.1 by itself is a great single carry knife. There's no bad choices here, it all comes down to how much do you want to spend. But, again, do you like choils? If so you might want to keep the 7/7 and sell or shelve the 6 or vice versa. Same with the 5.1 v the 4.1 size and choil v no choil. Of the 4 knives mentioned I really only use my 5.1 on a regular basis. My 7/7 is my camping and batoning knife, my 4.1 is a back up to my 5 and my 6 is my 7/7 backup. Confused yet?

I have all of these knives. As a matter of fact I started with the 6 and then got a 7/7 and then got my 4.1 and the 5.1 on the same day. The difference between the 6 and 7/7 comes down to the choils. The 6 and 7/7 edge length are the same size . Next choice do you want a (larger) small knife or a med knife? The 5.1 can do 85% to 90% of what a 4.1 can do. Again it's a matter of preference. I prefer the 5.1 and the 7/7 because I like choils and med size knives. I work with very hard, treated and med size wood. For this medium I need power and control. If I were working with soft, green and smaller wood I would work with the 4.1. The 6 or 7/7 paired with a 4.1 is a great combination. OR the 5.1 by itself is a great single carry knife. There's no bad choices here, it all comes down to how much do you want to spend. But, again, do you like choils? If so you might want to keep the 7/7 and sell or shelve the 6 or vice versa. Same with the 5.1 v the 4.1 size and choil v no choil. Of the 4 knives mentioned I really only use my 5.1 on a regular basis. My 7/7 is my camping and batoning knife, my 4.1 is a back up to my 5 and my 6 is my 7/7 backup. Confused yet?

Yes. Where is the 3.5? And we have not even talked about the 4.5 or the 8!?!

Yes. Where is the 3.5? And we have not even talked about the 4.5 or the 8!?!

LOL!! Or the 4.7 and the 5.0. Well, since you asked.....ah, f'it just buy all of them because they are just cool knives!!!!!

Last edited:
LOL!! Or the 4.7 and the 5.0. Well, since you asked.....ah, f'it just buy all of them because they are just cool knives!!!!!

LOL.....Good response. course I was reading that like Brad Pitt,in the movie "Snatch", where he say "Ah, F*it I do it for free" or something like that.

LOL.....Good response. course I was reading that like Brad Pitt,in the movie "Snatch", where he say "Ah, F*it I do it for free" or something like that.
I love this movie!! But I didn't recognize the reference :(

Max, you already have... or will have some medium/big sized blades. I think the 4.1 is a little more different than what you already have and could fit a different role with its shorter and thinner dimensions.

Last edited:
I think the 6 and 5.1 will be almost indistinguishable in use, it'll boil down to choil preference. I would step up to an 8 or larger or down to a 3.5 or 2.7.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think the 6 and 5.1 will be almost indistinguishable in use, it'll boil down to choil preference. I would step up to an 8 or larger or down to a 3.5 or 2.7.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wasn't a coil guy when I got my first GSO, the 6. It was my favorite knife until I got my hands on a 5.1. The choil is significant because it makes the 5.1 a much easier knife to work with because it adds more control especially if you use 2 hands. It also makes the 5.1 feel like a lighter knife. I could work longer with the 5.1 than I could with the 6. Don't get me wrong the 6 is a beast but having the ability to move the grip up totally changes the feel and improves the utility of the knife.

Back