• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Factory Seconds sale Updated

Huntsman Knife Co.

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is the first post of my factory seconds sale. I will be updating this post tomorrow with more blades.

First up are the 3 Fell Beast hard use machetes/hybrid choppers.

all of these have some aesthetic flaws but will still be great users and you probably won't even notice the flaws after a few chopping sessions.

All blades come with a kydex sheath, free priority shipping, and a lifetime warranty.

I think at the price point these are being offered, this is the most blade you can get for the money, period.

If you are wondering what these are capable of, check out the vid below. (Hint, the answer is just about anything)

(1) 52100 Fell Beast Prototype

Top blade in the pictures. I lost the grind one one side and it's uneven. This is a prototype that keeps the weight more towards the middle of the blade. The result is greater snappiness in hand. I think it will be an excellent user.

Steel 52100 57/58 With spring tempered spine
CNC'd Black canvas micarta scales
Kydex sheath
.110 thick, 17.5 in blade, 23.5 overall.

Includes black kydex sheath.

Sold

(2) Fell Beast in NITRO V with high convex grind

This one features a high blended convex grind. It's a little bit lighter than the standard grind and will bite very deep.

Its a second because of some surface imperfections in the steel as well as some bad scratches from the scotchbrite belt.

It has a fully acid washed finish

Steel - NITRO V 58-59 RC edge with spring tempered spine
CNC'd Natural canvas micarta scales
110 thick, 17.5 in blade, 23.5 overall

Sold

(3) NIRTO V Fell Beast with ring choil

I lost the grind on this one towards the ricasso. However with the full acid wash finish it's not very prominent.

Steel - NITRO V 58-59 RC edge with spring tempered spine
CNC'd Natural canvas micarta scales
110 thick, 17.5 in blade, 23.5 overall

$sold

Boq7OWu.jpg

P34JJWK.jpg

INp9CMc.jpg

uZz4JjX.jpg

Rye2uku.jpg

sdgkQY5.jpg

Sheath example

wDXzBpD.jpg

Last edited:
Nice scores !!!

Very nice blades :)

Payment sent. Feel free to hold on to them for a bit in case I pick up more blades in your other seconds sales.

Next up I have a Fjord hiker second in Z wear PM.

The Fjord Hiker is an all purpose hard use utility blade designed for making powerful cuts. At .22in thick with a 5in blade, its a stout knife that craves hard use. However it is still ground thin and sports a thin edge to maximize performance.

This one is a second because the top of the grinds got washed out while convexing so they are not very crisp.

Z wear is a really great steel. It similar to 3V but I think has better edge holding. It might be slightly less tough but it can still take and support a very thin edge like 3V. It's certainly harder to grind and finish than 3V.

Here's the specs
Steel Zwear PM 60-61 RC
5in blade
10in overall
.21 thick
.015 BTE-- ground this one extra thin.

Grey terotuf scales
Acid etched and stonewashed finish

Price $199 shipped includes a kydex sheath

wy4e3GS.jpg

U8ZHsg0.jpg

9PekC9f.jpg

MNzmW2k.jpg

cNM8EMB.jpg

The ring choil serves a dual purpose
(1) to serve as a choil for choking up on finer work.

And

(2) to protect the hand when chopping and prevent forward slippage

It's a design feature that's really grown on me and I prefer it to a standard/ open choil in a dedicated chopper.

Back