Fake MK 2 ?

I found what appears to be an authentic MK 2 at a flea market. It’s not marked, dimensions and weight feel right. Pretty good shape overall. It has a black horn handle and the frog is alittle different than normal that I have seen in pictures. Are horn handles common? I haven’t hear much about my 2 fakes, any advise? The are asking 200 if it was cheaper I wouldn’t be so worried.

Get some pics and post here for best results. I think horn handled Khuks were fairly plentiful.

If this were being sold at that big online auction site (whose name we're not supposed to mention here), and if knife and sheath are in good condition, then maybe $200 would be a reasonable price. However, a flea market reaches far fewer people, and most of the people who go to a flea market have no interest in a khukuri, let alone a MK 2 model. Therefore, the asking price of $200 seems way too high even if it is a good blade.

As ndog says, post some pictures here. Off-hand, given that this is a flea market, I would be thinking of offering maybe $100, assuming that the blade, handle and sheath are in decent condition. If the seller is insistent on getting more money, then he/she should post the sale online where a lot more people will see it.

fa79083e-deec-4ab9-882c-8788bdb8ff03

b532ba02-2b78-4397-bcfb-9d9bc5a748b5
c8699190-37b2-4727-9de3-fc1e337a2300
6e045add-acae-472f-94c6-dbc80c707abb

Last edited:
Issue Mk. II did not have horn handles. It may be a private purchase\bazaar khukuri. I have a very nice one of these carried by a "Hump" pilot during WWII. Issue Mk. II are marked, but not all M43 were. But, again, M43 have wooden handles. At best, you are looking at a period private purchase piece, and the ones I've seen are marked with something like "best steel India" or some thing like that. The pics can tell us a lot, but aren't showing up. I wouldn't personally give $200 for a khuk unless it was verifiable or really special

POSTING IMAGES USING IMGUR

(when your membership level does not allow direct posting)

Go to Imgur.com

Create an account (free) That involves creating an Imgur name, like a forum name.

"Browse" at Imgur to locate pictures on your computer picture file that you want to put in IMGUR.

Copy ("open") those pictures to Imgur or drag those pictures to IMGUR.

Put cursor on your IMGUR name at upper right. A menu will drop.

Click on "images" on the menu that drops. A grid of images that you have saved to IMGUR will appear.

Click on the image in the grid of images that you wish to share.

A menu of actions appears on the right. Click on blue "Copy" tab on "BBCode" ("forums") (not "Linked BBCode") in the menu to perform "copy" step of Windows "copy and paste."

Go to forum page where you want picture located and "paste" link you just copied from Imgur.

Back