Fall Trackrock Hammerin?

Does anyone know when the fall hammerin at Trackrock will be this year?
I know it's kind of early to be asking but I'd like to start saving up for it and getting some knives ready to bring with me.
I want to make it this time so bad!!!!!!!
Thanks for any info you can give me!
Michael

L6steel said:
Does anyone know when the fall hammerin at Trackrock will be this year?
I know it's kind of early to be asking but I'd like to start saving up for it and getting some knives ready to bring with me.
I want to make it this time so bad!!!!!!!
Thanks for any info you can give me!
Michael

Hi Michael,

As it sits right now we are looking at the w/e of November 5th and 6th. Could be subject to change but probably with the week before, of , or after this date. Sure hope you can make it this time

Mark

Thanks for the info Mark!!
Do you guys have any cutting competitions there?
If so, what are the knife dimension restrictions?
After reading this month's Blade I'm interested in trying my hand at some of the tests.

Michael I hope you can make the trackrock hammer in. I would like to meet you. I only live 15 or so miles from there. Maybe you could arrange for a visit to my shop. Mike

I should be able to make the Fall Trackrock. :D

Mike...I have further to travel than you do!!! If I can make it so can you!

Pam

Well.... I've got reservations for the weekend of Nov.6 & 7 at Trackrock. Mark I guess I'll see you a little earlier (hope). Mr.Mike and Miss Pam looking forward to see you folks again.
L6, come on, you can cut anything you like as much as you like just as long as it doesn't bleed! I'm sure we can come up with some test. Think I still have a locust post you can try out. Bring some of your purty's for us to puruse. We'd really love to have you show up. Just bring your favorite hammer as you'll be expected to show off a little. We should have ample heat and anvil to suit.
Open to all who want to attend. We's just folks!

Carl Rechsteiner

Dont let Carl scare you off Michael. We wont make you forge anything if you dont want to.:)

Definately bring some of your work, especially for sale items. As a few transactions are known to take place. You wont regret coming just to have fun and enjoy the fellowship.

can you post the details again?

I hope to show up. Pam, Carl and Mark were awesome last year. With the arthritis in my back that has been going on, I won't be able to hammer, but just spending time with the folks that attend is awesome.

Gus

Sorry to hear about the arthritis Gus. I might be doing a lot more observing this time myself. ...............Nah. I couldn't stand it. I'd have to do some forging. I just wont be slinging a 10 lb hammer around bouncing my anvil an inch off the floor any more. My shoulder said no more of that nonsense.
For some details about the facilities go to www.trackrock.com .

dang.....780 miles away......13 hrs. is just over the limit for me. 9 hrs. to IG's place 'bout did me in. :(

Daniel, you could stop over for a night on the way. i'm in west Alabama. It would split the drive up. heck since I'll prolly be going you could catch a ride from here.

WS

Now Daniel, how can you pass that opportunity up? Get to ride with Brother Wayne part of the way. You can talk turbo spatulas and eat dried cereal all the way here from Alabama. Be worth the ride to Tusk just for that experience alone!!

Spectator? Chicken Toes?......now that just ain't gonna happen. It'd be like watching everyone else catch magnum bluefish up close in the surf while holding a good spoon rig in your hand!

(Wasn't intending to scare anyone off, just letting the opportunity for fun and fellowship out in the open.)

Carl Rx

Seriously some of the nicest folks I have hung around in a while. Nothing but fun with good people in a great facility.

Carl and Mark, if I can help with anything let me know. - Gus

gusk@bellsouth.net

well....I guess for a chance to meet Gus......might be worth it.....:D :eek: :p

Thanks for the offer, Wayne. I'll give it serious consideration.

Well Dan I guess the rest of us are just chopped liver :(

Cant really think of anything we need right now Gus. Bring knifenuts :)

We are trying to figure out something for a good meal on Friday night . We tried ribs once and that took way too long.

looking forward to it.

Dan we met at blade briefly near Kit's table, trust me the Trackrock folks are a lot more fun to meet than I am.

Mark, I may not be able to hammer, but I can cook :D. (Jonah helps me) ;).

I think Calvin Cooledge is going to show up.:cool:

Bastid said:
...near Kit's table
A-ha!......proof I was hangin' out at Kit's table lookin' for him....:p :p

I guess since I'll be in the deep south we should "Deep fry" something. I can bring my big burner and pot (frypot :) ) and cook up something. The w/e is not limited to just Fryday and saturday. Feel free to come on up early and socialize a bit. Deb and I will be there Wed night hopefully. We usually try to make a visit to the Master of moo , Sandy Morrisey and ogle all his leather work. Mike Wilson has made an invite to see his shop. We have something special up our sleeves to show appreciation to the Alexander family (campground owners) that should be quite cool. They have opened the facilities to us as if our own. Y'all come :)

Mark, try deep fat fried turkey. I heard it's fantastic and only takes about 15 minutes to cook. You can make em spicey like Cajun or just drop em in plain. Either way they come out crispy and juicy.

Back