FARMCATAS for 6/22- The Last of them

Karda

BANNED
This is the Last 3 of the Farmcatas, folks...........

Non-Blem, Good Looking and sharp as razors.
Satisal Wood Handles.
Made by Tirtha Kami.
All are about 16.5 inches in length and about 23 ounces in weight.

Normal DOTD sales rules apply.
Please send Name, Address, Item Wanted and method of payment to:
karda@bladeforums.com

I will respond with a total invoice including shipping.
I will then include my Paypal Address, if needed.
Paypal, Check or Money Order only
(Auntie will need to process credit cards, if you need to pay by this method)

Price : $130.00 + shipping.

2)*SOLD*
DSC00274.jpg

1)*SOLD*
DSC00319.jpg

DSC00318.jpg

3)*SOLD* I Could Probably Stain the white wood to brown, If the purchaser wishes on this one.
DSC00317.jpg

DSC00316.jpg

Last edited:
Wow -- this is bar none the latest post i've ever seen for a sale! I might now be the fastest shark, but hell if I'm not persistent all waking hours of the day. Cheerio!

I haven't purchased anything for a while and just noticed that the e-mail address we respond to and the Paypal address has changed from what I used to use. Is this a temporary change or should I delete the old address?

Heinlein, Karda is just helping Auntie out with these Farmcatas. Most regular DOTDs are still posted and sold by her at the himimp addie. Where you been hidin'?

I'll Take #2 please :) I like the wood the way it is :cool: Email sent.

I've been eyeballing that one since the original thread. The handle's beautiful and the blade has a nice flare at the end. My wife thanks you!

Heinlein, Karda is just helping Auntie out with these Farmcatas. Most regular DOTDs are still posted and sold by her at the himimp addie. Where you been hidin'?

Thanks for the info.

I've been having some health, housing, and financial issues; so have been keeping a low profile. Hopefully all are just temporary and I will be back to sharking soon.

I am seriously tempted, despite having already bought one for myself and another for a friend.

I've been eyeballing that one since the original thread. The handle's beautiful and the blade has a nice flare at the end. My wife thanks you!

Yeah, JKD, this one's been tempting me since the original thread too. Tell your lovely wife that she's welcome :)...that is, if it is confirmed that I have succesfully sharkasized...

What is the black coating on part of the blades (pine tar?) and what purpose does it serve?

What is the black coating on part of the blades (pine tar?) and what purpose does it serve?

I believe the black part is just the part that isn;t shined up. It's the rough finish of the steel. At least that is the case on my Survival Knife.

I believe the black part is just the part that isn;t shined up. It's the rough finish of the steel. At least that is the case on my Survival Knife.
Yes, it's where the forge scale was not completely ground down to bare metal. In the case of this knife, I'm guessing that it takes the place of the traditional "Sword of Shiva" usually stamped on a khukuri blade (like a mini knife blade coming out of the handle).

I see - residue/rough finish from the forging process...I thought references I read about "forge scale" was some sort of measuring "scale" applied to the blades by the Kamis to test hardness. Makes much more sense now. Thanks.

Yeah, JKD, this one's been tempting me since the original thread too. Tell your lovely wife that she's welcome :)...that is, if it is confirmed that I have succesfully sharkasized...

Successful Sharkatege. Thanks Karda!:cool:

Quite possibly the best knife purchase I've made in some time. It's one of those things that you don't realize until you have it in hand.From the high,narrow blade profile(razor sharpness comes easy),to the comfortable handle and the toughness of the steel.This knife has incredible utilitarian potential.And of course the fact that it is a fundraiser for the folks in Nepal is just icing on the cake.Buy one if they are still available.

Back