FARMCATAS for 6/22- The Last of them

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Karda, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    This is the Last 3 of the Farmcatas, folks...........

Non-Blem, Good Looking and sharp as razors.
    Satisal Wood Handles.
    Made by Tirtha Kami.
    All are about 16.5 inches in length and about 23 ounces in weight.

Normal DOTD sales rules apply.
    Please send Name, Address, Item Wanted and method of payment to:
    [email protected]

I will respond with a total invoice including shipping.
    I will then include my Paypal Address, if needed.
    Paypal, Check or Money Order only
    (Auntie will need to process credit cards, if you need to pay by this method)

Price : $130.00 + shipping.

2)*SOLD*
    [​IMG]

1)*SOLD*
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3)*SOLD* I Could Probably Stain the white wood to brown, If the purchaser wishes on this one.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. moogoogaidan

moogoogaidan

Feb 21, 2009
    Wow -- this is bar none the latest post i've ever seen for a sale! I might now be the fastest shark, but hell if I'm not persistent all waking hours of the day. Cheerio!

3. Abaniko

Abaniko

Jun 2, 2006
    I'll Take #2 please :) I like the wood the way it is :cool: Email sent.

4. heinlein

heinlein

Aug 23, 2010
    I haven't purchased anything for a while and just noticed that the e-mail address we respond to and the Paypal address has changed from what I used to use. Is this a temporary change or should I delete the old address?

5. jdk1

jdk1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Heinlein, Karda is just helping Auntie out with these Farmcatas. Most regular DOTDs are still posted and sold by her at the himimp addie. Where you been hidin'?

6. jdk1

Apr 21, 2010
    I've been eyeballing that one since the original thread. The handle's beautiful and the blade has a nice flare at the end. My wife thanks you!

7. heinlein

heinlein

Aug 23, 2010
    Thanks for the info.

I've been having some health, housing, and financial issues; so have been keeping a low profile. Hopefully all are just temporary and I will be back to sharking soon.

8. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    I am seriously tempted, despite having already bought one for myself and another for a friend.

9. Abaniko

Abaniko

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah, JKD, this one's been tempting me since the original thread too. Tell your lovely wife that she's welcome :)...that is, if it is confirmed that I have succesfully sharkasized...

10. bric

bric

Jun 10, 2011
    What is the black coating on part of the blades (pine tar?) and what purpose does it serve?

11. The Man In Black

The Man In Black

Jan 3, 2007
    I believe the black part is just the part that isn;t shined up. It's the rough finish of the steel. At least that is the case on my Survival Knife.

12. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    Yes, it's where the forge scale was not completely ground down to bare metal. In the case of this knife, I'm guessing that it takes the place of the traditional "Sword of Shiva" usually stamped on a khukuri blade (like a mini knife blade coming out of the handle).

13. bric

bric

Jun 10, 2011
    I see - residue/rough finish from the forging process...I thought references I read about "forge scale" was some sort of measuring "scale" applied to the blades by the Kamis to test hardness. Makes much more sense now. Thanks.

14. Abaniko

Abaniko

Jun 2, 2006
    Successful Sharkatege. Thanks Karda!:cool:

15. jdk1

Apr 21, 2010
    Congrats! It's always a wonderful feeling.

16. Abaniko

Abaniko

Jun 2, 2006
    Yup!:cool:

17. Silverthorn

Silverthorn

Apr 24, 2011
    I am in love with the villager farm knives, or I might have gotten one of these.

18. arbiter

arbiter Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 4, 2011
    Quite possibly the best knife purchase I've made in some time. It's one of those things that you don't realize until you have it in hand.From the high,narrow blade profile(razor sharpness comes easy),to the comfortable handle and the toughness of the steel.This knife has incredible utilitarian potential.And of course the fact that it is a fundraiser for the folks in Nepal is just icing on the cake.Buy one if they are still available.

19. FuriousFist

FuriousFist

Mar 27, 2011
    Hi Karda

Is No.1 still available? might be a useful addition for coconuts :D

20. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Sorry, #1 is spoken for....
    #2 is virtually almost identical in terms weight and feel, though, if you are interested.