Favorite Deep Carry Clip for Spyderco Smock?

NWPM2

Gold Member
Does anyone have a favorite deep carry clip for their Smock?

I just picked up an S30V Smock with the carbon fiber/G10 scales. I don't mind the stock spoon clip, but would like to try a deep carry clip on it. I saw a thread that showed a clip that looked perfect on a Swayback. I was hoping someone had found one that was perfect for a Smock.

Personally I think Casey Lynch's short clip is uncannily perfect on the Spyderco Smock. Probably the polished ti to match the hardware or black to match the CF scales.

I don't have a pic, but the Lynch clip is shaped very similarly to the back of the Smock. It's like they were made for each other.

Thank you for the replies.

Both of those look like great choices. I like Lynch clips a lot, but actually don't have a short one. I have a Shaman that needs a new clip so I might order one of the new clips for the Shaman, too.

The second one looks like an MXG gear clip and looks good, too.

Decisions.......decisions!

Thank you for the replies.

Both of those look like great choices. I like Lynch clips a lot, but actually don't have a short one. I have a Shaman that needs a new clip so I might order one of the new clips for the Shaman, too.

The second one looks like an MXG gear clip and looks good, too.

Decisions.......decisions!
Yes the mine is the mxg gear clip. Idk I just like their design over the lynch clip. Both solid choices!!

I have an MXG clip on a Para 3 and really like it. The wider tab (not sure if that's the right word) on the clip seems a little easier going in and out of the pocket. It's pretty comfortable, too.

I have an MXG clip on a Para 3 and really like it. The wider tab (not sure if that's the right word) on the clip seems a little easier going in and out of the pocket. It's pretty comfortable, too.

That clip is perfect on the para 3!

You've got me leaning MXG now, but I also really want to try the new Shaman Lynch clip. Maybe I'll have to put in two separate orders!

Between Lynch and MXG, I think MXG definitely makes the better clip for G10 Para 3s, but I like Lynch's clips better for everything else in my medium-large (maybe about 45... ? I lost count) Spyderco collection. Oddly, if you want a clip for the Native 5 Lightweight, Lynch doesn't make one. The MXG offering is fantastic, though, so I can't complain. I've swapped a bunch of their clips around my various Spydies, and found a few off-label uses (to borrow a pharmacological term) that are such a great fit, I'm surprised it isn't mentioned in the product descriptions.

The reason I bring up the G10 Para 3 clip, specifically, is that I've found MXG Para 3 clip, in my opinion, is *perfect* for the Yojimbo 2; it's definitely the best clip I've found for that knife. I think the Lynch clips and the Smock are equally as made-for-each-other as the MXG P3 and the Yo2.

By the way, you can totally use a long Lynch clip on your Smock, I just prefer the short one personally for ergonomic reasons.

Finally got an Imgur account, let's see if I can make it show up here...

Thank you all for the great suggestions and insights. I ended up placing an order for a short, stonewashed Lynch clip for the Smock.

I think MXG and Lynch both make great clips. I ended up going with the Lynch clip just because I also wanted to try out one of his new Shaman clips. I got one of those in beadblasted on its way, too!

I'll try to take some decent pictures once they both show up. I chose the cheapest shipping so it might be a few days.

Sweet, I'm looking forward to seeing what you got!

Here are some examples of what I was talking about. The picture with three knives shows how the normal Lynch NW (top) and MXG (bottom) clips overhang the scales of some knives, particularly the PM2, Native and Native Chief, but there are others.

The pic with 4 shows how well the Lynch Para 3 clip, in this case the model he makes for left-side Para 3 carry, takes that protruding corner issue and streamlines things. The Yojimbo in the center has MXG's Para 3 clip, showcasing how well it works, aesthetically and practically, with the relatively extended section (compared to LNW clips) between the screws and the u-turn part, where the clip bottoms out. Notice that the left-side LNW P3 clip works well for right-side PM2 carry and left-side Native/Chief carry. Deep-carry mix-and-match has proven to be worth the time!

Cheers,
--Fox

Thanks for all the pictures and the explanation on the clips, Fox. đź‘Ť I hadn't pay much attention to the part of the clip that doesn't exactly follow the lines of the scales. And I never thought to look at a left hand clip for right hand carry. Very cool!

And many thanks to everyone who gave their insights and pictures about the clip. I ended up getting the stonewashed short Lynch clip for the Smock. A satin one might have matched the hardware better, but I'm happy. I got the beadblasted Lynch clip for my micarta Shaman and am really happy with that, too.

I chose first class shipping and it shipped quickly and showed up two days earlier than scheduled.

Pics or it didn't happen.....

StiahBd.jpg

wcDl5ii.jpg

MjyU7vJ.jpg

Back