Favorite handle

What is your favorite model handle ? Mine is the new spec 4.1 . It fits my hand perfect and the micro texturing is just awesome. I assumed because of the similar size that it would be the same as the 4.7 but I was wrong. It's a slimmed down version imo.

Of the GSO models released so far I like the 4.7 best.
It really does come down to the details of your individual grip.
I hope that someday I'll be able to get some textured G10 for one of my 4.7.

Im eager to read the replies to this thread once it kicks off. I am really stuck on chosing the 4.7 or 4.1 as my next purchase and figured I will decide based on what the majority find the most comfortable handle.

Maybe you guys have seen this, but I did (what I thought was) a fairly comprehensive review of the 4.1 and 4.7 handle starting on Page 6 of the 4.1 knife thread:

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/4-1-thread.1404366/page-6

If you imagine the difference between the new spec 5.1 and 4.7 (5.1 being somewhat slimmer, but a slightly longer handle) is the same difference between the 4.7 and 4.1, except the 4.1 is slimmer and just a touch shorter. Between the two, it is very difficult to actually see a difference, but you can feel it.

Me personally - I'd take the 4.7. I have large-size-glove hands and slim fingers. The 4.7 feels like it was made for me. I liked the 4.1, I love the 4.7. In a hard grip, I don't want my fingertips touching my palm. That happens for me with the 4.1. Not so the 4.7. Just a very slight preference goes to the 4.7.

Both my 5.1 and 4.1 have been sold. The 4.7 is still here, and is the keeper of the 3, for me.

4.7 thus far for me, with the 5.1 right behind it. I haven't had my mitts on a new spec 4.1 yet though so we will see if that remains the case.

Back