Favorite Non-Flippers

Petunia D. Feeble

I once waved at Stevie Wonder…
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I don't really dig flippers. Every now and then I find one that I like, but in general I'd prefer a thumb stud, disk, spydiehole, etc. with a nice, smooth action. Let's see your favorites.

IMG-20200211-170530-512.jpg

IMG-20200111-115452-983.jpg

IMG-20190925-085534-597.jpg

20190709-181744.jpg

I don't have some of these anymore, and my photos were lost in a computer failure
Laconico Jasmine & EDC
Fellhoelter Kwerk
3" Hinderer XM-18 non flipper
and of course my CRK classic MM and 21 Sebenza's
The Kwerk
ATTACH=full]1286483[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    316.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Cool horny toad! They used to be everywhere, couldn’t take two steps without almost stepping on one. All dried up now. :(

They're definitely less common these days. I still see them out here every now and then, usually around a harvester ant nest picking off stragglers.

In general I tend to prefer non-flipper over flippers.

The ones I have in my collection and that I like most:
CRK small inkosi, main go to EDC
CRK large 21
CEK Umnumzaan, my best tanto
Spyderco PM2, just excellent
Spyderco Spydiechef, so easy to maintain
TRM Atom, light and slicy!
Hinderer XM-18 3.5 gen 4 non flipper slicer, much better than the flipper ones IMHO

For me I much prefer thimbstuds or a spydiehole. . I like the spyderco hole opening the best . First time I saw one thought it was so wired,but now I prefer it to any other opening system

Out of curiosity, what about flippers don’t you guys like? I own both, but just curious.

me personally, I'm just tired of them! Seems like all anyone makes now is flippers. Do t get me wrong, there.is something about them that is alluring. I just find I'd rather have more control.over blade deployment speed!! This is one of my favorite flippers!!IMG_20200219_173419.jpg

I have piles of non-flippers that I really like, including a lot of expensive and very nice knives, but it's to my continuing embarrassment that this is the pocket clip of what has become one of my absolute favorite non-flipper knives to pocket:

NCfYvvx.jpg

Here's the rest of it, incidentally:

b6AKTaU.jpg

I have to admit that I sort of love it, skulls and strange cutout at the end of the handle and all. I have no defense for myself.

Maybe I need to start using the tacticool thread as a shopping list . . .

I have piles of non-flippers that I really like, including a lot of expensive and very nice knives, but it's to my continuing embarrassment that this is the pocket clip of what has become one of my absolute favorite non-flipper knives to pocket:

NCfYvvx.jpg

Here's the rest of it, incidentally:

b6AKTaU.jpg

I have to admit that I sort of love it, skulls and strange cutout at the end of the handle and all. I have no defense for myself.

Maybe I need to start using the tacticool thread as a shopping list . . .

I have some flippers, thumb studs, spyderholes, and wave openers. I've found that the spyderholes work best for me. It varies by maker or size, but often with flippers or thumb studs I'll have to adjust my grip for easy opening. With Spydercos, no matter which model I'm carrying, the hole just naturally always seems to be right where I need it for easy opening when it comes out of my pocket.
IMG_0686-X4.jpg

Back