Recommendation? Favorite pivot oil?

Avoid nano oil. It's expensive snake oil. It's just mineral oil that you can get for a few doll hairs and nano costs a whole lot more for zero improvement.

New lube out now is "knife pivot lube" I think anyone who tries it will like it better than what they are currently using.

Slick50 is snake oil.

Expand please... I mean, I know It`s not made for knives etc... but many collectors says it`s good ?

Collector Knives website suggests using Slick50, the automotive stuff.
I've been meaning to try it myself. Seems like a great choice.
Are you talking about that product called "Slick 50 One Lube" in a tall red can? I used to use it a lot working on my truck and various other jobs. It used to be one of my local auto parts stores carried it but I haven't seen it on a shelf anywhere in the past 3 to 4 years and I really liked that product a lot for a wide range of different jobs.

For my knives and various other tools I've been using "Militec". I got a couple of bottles of it a few years back and I'm still using them. Also Militec makes an excellent synthetic grease which I even use on fishing reels. I love their products as well. But I sure wish I knew where I could get some more of that Slick 50 One Lube>> it truly was a great all purpose lube.

Are you talking about that product called "Slick 50 One Lube" in a tall red can? I used to use it a lot working on my truck and various other jobs. It used to be one of my local auto parts stores carried it but I haven't seen it on a shelf anywhere in the past 3 to 4 years and I really liked that product a lot for a wide range of different jobs.

For my knives and various other tools I've been using "Militec". I got a couple of bottles of it a few years back and I'm still using them. Also Militec makes an excellent synthetic grease which I even use on fishing reels. I love their products as well. But I sure wish I knew where I could get some more of that Slick 50 One Lube>> it truly was a great all purpose lube.

I think He means this

Wonder why someone hasn't slapped a "Nano dry-lube" label on it. It always sounded like the perfect lube for knives.

I'm glad you brought up dry lubes because Sentry Solutions has a really good one that I've used for years now. It's called "BP 2000". It's much better than any graphite I've ever used or any of the teflon based dry lubes for that matter. I've heard that there has been a lot of progress made in the area of dry lubes and hope more people chime in with their favorite dry lubes. There also used to be a graphite/teflon combination dry lube that I used to get at my local ACE Hardware but they quit carrying it unfortunately. I do think that dry lubes are probably going to be the future for folding knives because they have made a lot
I think He means this

Oh yeah I'm fully aware of their engine treatment oils with the PTFE in them. However I've had better luck using the QMI products for that application. But Slick 50 did make an all purpose spray lube that came in a tall red can and it was called "Slick 50 One Lube" and I just loved it for all kinds of quick lube jobs>> it was 100 times better than WD-40. But it's also strange that I no longer see any of Slick 50's other products here locally anymore ( Kansas City, MO area). But I wouldn't doubt if the engine treatment would make a great overall lube either for that matter.

Now the reason I like Militec better for my folding knives is that it seems to cling to the blade longer than anything else I've used up till now. Again I've been also having decent results using Sentry Solutions "BP 2000" Dry Lube too.

I'm glad you brought up dry lubes because Sentry Solutions has a really good one that I've used for years now. It's called "BP 2000". It's much better than any graphite I've ever used or any of the teflon based dry lubes for that matter. I've heard that there has been a lot of progress made in the area of dry lubes and hope more people chime in with their favorite dry lubes. There also used to be a graphite/teflon combination dry lube that I used to get at my local ACE Hardware but they quit carrying it unfortunately. I do think that dry lubes are probably going to be the future for folding knives because they have made a lot

Oh yeah I'm fully aware of their engine treatment oils with the PTFE in them. However I've had better luck using the QMI products for that application. But Slick 50 did make an all purpose spray lube that came in a tall red can and it was called "Slick 50 One Lube" and I just loved it for all kinds of quick lube jobs>> it was 100 times better than WD-40. But it's also strange that I no longer see any of Slick 50's other products here locally anymore ( Kansas City, MO area). But I wouldn't doubt if the engine treatment would make a great overall lube either for that matter.

Now the reason I like Militec better for my folding knives is that it seems to cling to the blade longer than anything else I've used up till now. Again I've been also having decent results using Sentry Solutions "BP 2000" Dry Lube too.

That ???

The pivot lube is decent, a tick better than spit, but moving the sharpened bit in & out repeatedly causes friction on me digit. o_O:p

YEjSCLi.jpg

Somehow I forgot the PM2 at work, but I took apart my Mantra 3 and Spydiechef to clean and lube. The mineral oil doesn’t seem much different than whatever Spyderco applies at the factory, but I was able to get them back together and they all still work so that’s a bonus.

While I was cleaning the folders, I grabbed my Bradford guardians and oiled them up too.

I switched over to Dexron ATF many years ago on all of my firearms. It works really well on knives and locks as well. Best part? - it's cheap and available almost everywhere. I have used it on .45 1911 pistols and shot 1000 rounds on a hot summer afternoon with it. Several times. After tearing it down at the end of the day the gun still had lube everywhere I put it. Think about the load an automatic transmission places on its lube . A pocketknife pivot is child's play compared to that.

I switched over to Dexron ATF many years ago on all of my firearms. It works really well on knives and locks as well. Best part? - it's cheap and available almost everywhere. I have used it on .45 1911 pistols and shot 1000 rounds on a hot summer afternoon with it. Several times. After tearing it down at the end of the day the gun still had lube everywhere I put it. Think about the load an automatic transmission places on its lube . A pocketknife pivot is child's play compared to that.
Don't use ATF on knives imo. It's a great lube but not good for humans. Not food safe or skin safe. It's very toxic.

Still happy with Nano-Oil,
expensive snake oil. Paying alot of money for mineral oil.

Well, this snake oil has been working excellently for me since 2011, and in various applications, :)

I bought a small bottle of nano oil without a lot of research for my flashlights years ago. I like the needle nose cap it had back in those days. When it runs out, I’ll likely just fill up the bottle with mineral oil. At the rate I use it, that’ll be another ten years.

All liquid oil I tried works like :poop::mad::(:oops::rolleyes::confused:o_O... I ordered KPL to test it and The One lube is out of stock for Canada so I`ll wait...

Back