Favorite Quotes from non-knife people.

I remember watching Storage Wars last year. The blond with the big baby feeders opened up a foot locker with old bayonets in it. She flipped and said that the owner of the knives ''must be a psychopath''. I thought, yup, that's how some of society views it.

I gave my sister my pocket knife to cut her sandwich in half. She says "Oh, I'm scared" and proceeds to close her eyes, turn her head and attempts to cut the sandwich. Thankfully, I stopped her and cut it myself. Though, I did have some trouble of my own, since, at the time I was laughing at her.

My wife had company over last Sunday for dinner and her friends husband asks to see my Becker bk15. He proceeds to run his finger across the length of the blade and cuts himself. He then looks at me and asks "why is it so sharp?". I looked at my wife, smirked and replied "to kill zombies"..then went to get him some liquid bandage.

I finally learned to over look most of these comments. They either don't know, in which case I'll explain, don't want to know, or are trying to pick an arguement. In the case of the last two, I'll typically ignore them.

I had some classmates in an Air Force training course who were amazed that my little SOG Stingray was razor sharp. "Isn't it dangerous?" I had to explain to them that a sharp knife is far safer than a dull knife. You want the tool (blade) doing the work, not your arm, as a dull blade, one not sharp enough to cut the stuff you want to cut, may slide and still be sharp enough to cut your flesh. They had a hard time getting it, but lieutenants exist to learn from captains and sergeants.

My favorite, a positive quote, is from a 20's-ish lady I work with. I've opened or offered my Buck 501 a couple times when someone asked if anyone has a knife, and she always says, "Boy, that's handy."

Mike

When he retired I gave a long-time a friend a Ruana knife (their "steelhead" model since he and I actually spent time steelheading together). When he got the knife he asked if he could borrow one of my knife magazines to look through. Next time I stopped by his house I brought a copy with me. Now this guy has been hunting and fishing since he was about 5 and had never seen a knife magazine. Looking through it, he began reading an article and came to a part he read out loud to me: "The point is right where it should be on this knife." "Well, where the hell else is it going to be," he said laughing and tossed the magazine back to me.

"Do you even know the right grip for a knife fight? (takes my knife in reverse grip with the blade facing inwards), this way you can do slashes and stabs and you can also block with the back of the blade"

Also the other day I was opening a box with my Emerson Horseman and somebody asked me,

Him: "What cheap Chinese crap knife is that?"

Me: "Oh its US made and it was $150"

Another random girl then comes in

Girl: "Why would you pay $150 for a knife? I have a really good one that's like $10."

Me: "Because this one has titanium liners, much better blade steel, stronger handle scales and overall will just cut things much better. Your's probably has cheap plastic handles, a badly heat treated 440a steel, and you could probably force it closed by just pushing on the back of the blade."

She shrugged and walked away.

I know not to scrape things with a blade, but due to somewhat of an emergency, I had to use the blade on my Leatherman to scrape bits of solidified plastic from a molding die:

Co-worker: If your knife alright?
Me: Yeah, just rounded the tip a bit.
Co-worker: Well, nothing a grinder can't fix. There's one in the shop.
Me: *lolwut* Nah, it's fine for now.

"You have changed this!" (cut her finger with a kitchen knife, not badly)

"Yes, I sharpened it"

My favourite lines, appropriated from a John Ringo novel...

"I got a question..."

"My chow, sure.... My wife , maybe......My knife, never."

Friend: "you spent 90 bucks on a knife"
Me: " yep its a limited edition knife from a forum I like"
Him: " why would you buy a knife anyway, who needs one nowadays"

Note this is a guy with a 95% average of all his courses and is in engineering at my cities university
Just shows you how dumb smart people can be

"I'm proud to say that I've NEVER owned a knife!" - How is this a source of pride for anyone? Weird.
"Who're you gonna kill with that?" - ???
"Why is it so sharp, you psycho?" - ???
"Why does anybody need a knife... hey, will you cut open my bag of Fritos?" - ???
"What good is THAT going to do against a gun?" - ???

"I'm proud to say that I've NEVER owned a knife!" - How is this a source of pride for anyone? Weird.
"Who're you gonna kill with that?" - ???
"Why is it so sharp, you psycho?" - ???
"Why does anybody need a knife... hey, will you cut open my bag of Fritos?" - ???
"What good is THAT going to do against a gun?" - ???

What do they use to cut their food?

Not related but I heard that Daniel Craig has mentioned that he is really disgusted each time he has to hold a gun in shooting James Bond movies...

These are some quotes over a Preon 2 flashlight.

"Are you being serious right now"
"what do you need that for?"
"I can see having one in your car but why carry it on you?"

I think we know the same people, lol

Used a para 2 to get a potato that fell under the
Hot grates of the stove on thanksgiving. "now we know you're a knife weilding sicko"
What can I tell you, they are on my wifes side of the family!

"What are you doing with a knife?!"
"Are you crazy?"
"Why do you have that?"
"Is that legal?"

I'm in the hockey dressing room before a game and I'm cutting loose threads off my gloves and shoulderpads with my
PM 2. Everybody is watching me but too scared to say anything because most of them didn't know me. Finally my friend says "dude why you butterfly knifing your hockey gear?" That made me and my teamates laugh.

Once again at hockey I flick open my PM 2 with my middle finger cut some hockey tape and flick it back.
My teammate says "nice switchblade, can I see it?"
I said " it's not a switchblade"
I handed it to him and he says "hey where's the button?"

My friends dad after my friend got cut by my PM 2.
He asks "why do you carry a knife?"
Me "we were fishing and we need to cut line"
Him "how do you open it?" (He saw me flicking it earlier that day so maybe he assumed it was an automatic)
He fumbles wth it for a while and opens the blade but not all the way.
Him "This isn't safe it doesn't have a lock"
I open it fully for him and it makes that beautiful click we all love.
Him "This is a piece of garbage let me throw it away for you"
Me "that's not gonna happen"
Him "how much did this cost ten bucks?"
Me "a hundred"
Him "oh... you should buy better knives"
Later I hear him talking to someone about about it later.
"Yeah it was just some cheap switchblade"

Funny how all these stories involve my PM 2.

Back