Favorite Spyderco knives

Sal..quote for ya Sir..
Yer killin me smalls!! Years ago I bought the Paramilitary..it was just ok (jmho!)
Then tried the Paramilitary 2 carbon fiber and really love the action,steel and fit in my hand, compression lock Very nice!
So..I bought the Manix 2 told it was blue but it was actually "blurple" hmm? but I love the ergos so I bought the C.F. and knew I was in trouble!! Fantastic!! I'll NEVER have too buy another knife!!
Holy crap! An exclusive Shaman? Man it's a friggin beast,perfect for work! TUFF! with no worry of breaking from really hard use!
Definitely the only knife I need!!
Then I saw the exclusive Native5 rex45 in burnt orange..well that's different??
It took the honor of Fantastic! Last knife I'll ever buy..oh wait? There's a native in C.F. S90v well I love me some carbon fiber so this will now be the best "last" knife..
Of 2020!! But wait? A Manbug?? That'll be great for ...well? Anything small! But big on cool! Sal y'all have THE BEST damn knives in the market,well done too you and your staff
BTW...the makers you replaced?
Sebenza classic
Sebenzas 25
Strider SnG (forum knife#66)
Strider tad
Emerson PDW A100
Benchmade
Gerbers
Like I said..Well done!

P.S. make some shirts in 4xl ( shrinkage)

index.php

Mariner. Original early-Eighties. Long-lost, in the Trinity River delta, in SE Texas, but not forgotten.

Police. Original early-Eighties. I still have it. The tip is missing, but I still cut things with it, occasionally.

Bram Frank Gunting. Best fit, in my hands, of any Spyderco folder. I have several of these.

Ronin. Original version. I have several of these.

Civilian. Bought for its original purpose. My blade training evolved, over time, but the nicely-slim Civilian has never lost its niche.

Kiwi, with jigged-bone handle scales. Beautiful.

Assist. Wonderful emergency knife. I have used the glass-breaker component, in an emergency situation. A lifetime knife. I plan to buy spares, with orange and/or yellow handles. Black disappears from views, all too easily.

Fish Hunter. I liked the first one so much, I bought another. This one is not a one-trick pony, so I might accumulate a few more, as this could be a lifetime favorite.

I had hoped to handle some tempting prospects, at the Blade Show, this year, which might have updated/refreshed my favorites, but, of course, the “health emergency of 2020” intervened.

Last edited:
Mariner. Original early-Eighties. Long-lost, in the Trinity River delta, in SE Texas, but not forgotten.

Police. Original early-Eighties. I still have it. The tip is missing, but I still cut things with it, occasionally.

Bram Frank Gunting. Best fit, in my hands, of any Spyderco folder. I have several of these.

Ronin. Original version. I have several of these.

Civilian. Bought for its original purpose. My blade training evolved, over time, but the nicely-slim Civilian has never lost its niche.

Kiwi, with jigged-bone handle scales. Beautiful.

Assist. Wonderful emergency knife. I have used the glass-breaker component, in an emergency situation. A lifetime knife. I plan to buy spares, with orange and/or yellow handles. Black disappears from views, all too easily.

Fish Hunter. I liked the first one so much, I bought another. This one is not a one-trick pony, so I might accumulate a few more, as this could be a lifetime favorite.

I had hoped to handle some tempting prospects, at the Blade Show, this year, which might have updated/refreshed my favorites, but, of course, the “health emergency of 2020” intervened.
I keep hoping they'll do a sprint run of the Ronin, I never thought they would do one for the PPT but they did so I have hope.

My number one is definitely Manix 2. Native 5 and Chaparral are in the second place and Delica 4 is the third.

The Civilian and Matriarch line are my favorite by far. But I've also always loved the Military.

Kopa with carbon fiber scales. Or my para 2 with carbon fiber scales.

I carry a military the most, by far.

Best feeling Spyderco I've ever handled is the proficient. Mine will arrive tomorrow.

Between the Manix 2 and the Delica 4, I'm pretty happy.
I really gotta get my hands on a Shaman one of these days, and the Native 5 looks like something I'd love. But at this point, I'm pretty content.

Last edited:
I got over 50 Spydies now. Top 5:

1. Hundred Pacer
2. Serrated Blacked Out Lil Native
3. Hungarian
4. Szabo Warrior Hawk
5. KC Exclusive Pakkawood HAP40 Laminate Police 4

Back