Favorite SURVIVE! videos AND favorite YouTube channels!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is great.. I love watching a proper English Woman reviewing a GSO!
Although he doesn't (currently)have a Survive!, I really like this guy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbTDXDBHApa_cvcOx86yJOA

I watch Mike on that channel and he's a extremely knowledgeable outdoors man. Granted where he lives and the outdoors scenarios where he mostly treks is nothing like the wild places which exist here in North America, but he has lots of sage wisdom.

I also think that he gets a lot of gear sent to him as gifts and such (not that he is a moocher or anything, just people sending him things and not necessarily freebies for reviews as he does not run that kind of an operation). Anywho, either
Guy or OBX ( ;) ) may have to send him a Survive! sample to get him on the Survive! bandwagon!

MCQ is a pretty good channel. Mike seems to like his ESEE 6 so just imagine how he'd love a 5.1!

I would be interested to see a GSO on the Living Survival channel maybe even Survival on Purpose. Maybe someday, but for now I'm fine with SURVIVE! being the best kept secret in the knife industry!

Nice find! I enjoy some of his videos, I'm anxious to watch this. I remember him unboxing a coated GSO 10 quite awhile ago, but haven't seen anything since about a GSO.

You'll enjoy this one! That gso performs amazingly...and it is an old spec. I cant imagine what this years one with new HT will be like

You'll enjoy this one! That gso performs amazingly...and it is an old spec. I cant imagine what this years one with new HT will be like

Right on!

It's cool to see how genuinely impressed he is with the knife. From the comments it seems like he rarely gives 10/10. Very interesting to read the different types of comments on the video. Also interesting that Tactical has a few key bits of information wrong about the GSO 10 and SURVIVE!

Right on!

It's cool to see how genuinely impressed he is with the knife. From the comments it seems like he rarely gives 10/10. Very interesting to read the different types of comments on the video. Also interesting that Tactical has a few key bits of information wrong about the GSO 10 and SURVIVE!

Yeah absolutely
From what i have seen he has only given one 10 and that was for a spartan harsey ii
Right on survive

This Tactical video review of the GSO 10 came at an excellent time which will undoubtedly ramp up some order numbers. Nice one and a perfect score to boot :thumbup:

Right! And that is an old spec. Imagine the new gso's!?
I thought to myself: "meh pre-order waiting for up to a year is okay because i am guaranteed a knife eventually".

But now i am so impatient and looking forward to my 6 beyond comprehension ahhhh!!

TBT, I was weighting other options very seriously to forego the 9-12 (I'm pulling that number outta the air!) months of waiting for a GSO 10 after the preorder phase is closed; and to go for something else which if I manage to land I could have in hand within a months or even sooner, but this Tactical video is now totally #@&% blocking that alternative option idea ;)

+1 for Tactical and his persuasive review to drag me back in again for the looong and agonizing GSO 10 waiting period!

Hhahahah. Waiting time certainly sucks but the quality and superbness of gso outweighs all of that in my opinion. I dont think i can settle for anything else after discovering survive

Dude, Xtian JUST posted this in post #64 :D

Good call on the foul language. Folks like yourself and Riz and Standard might need to wait for the editors version as it can be a bit much for your sensitive ears.

:D

Hahaha!! My poor virgin ears!!
I've tried to watch his videos before but I can't get past the way he talks. That whole "tactical" scene is douchy in my opinion.

Hahaha!! My poor virgin ears!!
I've tried to watch his videos before but I can't get past the way he talks. That whole "tactical" scene is douchy in my opinion.

I had to listen with headphones so my mom wouldn't hear the naughty words :D

I was subscribed to that guy for awhile. He talks just like a crazy friend of mine from high school. I like a lot of his gear reviews, he just had too many videos that didn't interest me, so I unsubscribed. The mask is interesting.....

Tact(less)tical is certainly an acquired taste ;)

Just something else I wanted to add:

I do realize and I am sure that most of you do too that there is a lot of showmanship associated with Tactical (the character this fella has created) and his like on YT. That said, most of the well-respected preeminent outdoorsmen do NOT go all ape-shiite with their blades and enforce the prowess of the blade with brute force and power. More can be achieved with finesse and application of correct techniques (stances, leverage, reach, contact point, swing angle; etc) than just hammering and slashing with brute force. The latter undoubtedly makes more exciting viewing for the video game generation but as far as measurable results? I'll stick with the old-hand pros with that nuanced touch ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back