1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 16 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Buck Custom Shop 119 Special lasermarked with the BladeForums logo!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Buck Custom Shop 119, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 20; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Feedback issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by gruntmedik, Mar 20, 2019.

1. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I'm trying to leave feedback for a purchase I made. I went to the sale thread, clicked "Add Feedback" under his name, added the URL, and I got this error message:
    The following error occurred:
    Invalid thread specified. You can leave feedback only for the starter of the thread or if you have started the thread.

What am I doing wrong?

2. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Did you make a post in the for sale thread?

3. gruntmedik

Mar 12, 2009
    Yes, but the seller closed the thread after I purchased the knife.

4. rycen

rycen Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

Aug 22, 2002
    That shouldn’t matter. Where is the thread?

5. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    I don't see you among the posters in that thread. If you did not actually post in the thread, you cannot leave feedback. It's built into the software that way.

6. gruntmedik

Mar 12, 2009
    Sorry for the troubles.

7. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    No worries mate! Never hurts to ask.

That thread looks to still be open if you want to make a post so you can leave feedback .

8. gruntmedik

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks to whomever re-opened the thread.