feeling wicked... again :)

hey guys...just got in from a visit to Indian Georges place... and tried something different...bead blasted a blade, this one is made from D2, heatreated by Paul Bos (simply the best) 6/34 over all length
what do you think?

fdaa6c2a.jpg.orig.jpg

ehhhh dunno.. picture ain't showing.. maybe you can post the url so we can go and have a look? or maybe I can find it in the image station pic somewhere.. hmm try that out later.

edit :

Yup the url is in there, here it is :
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid22/p4fa3acf52d322af54387dd3c938f06fc/fdaa6c2a.jpg.orig.jpg

that should work better.

Great design actually.. looks very utilitarian while keeping a stylish line.. especially the scales transition to the blade is awsome.. how did ya do that ?

You're right, this kind of knife looks best when bead-blasted.

Ehhhh off topic but eh why doesn't direct linking to imagestation pages work ?

Greetz and take care, Bart.

Mmmm.... very nice... wicked indeed. :)
Nice work.

As far as Imagestation not working for direct linking, I believe they have disallowed it. (Altho I have seen some people making it work with just the .jpg extention, and leaving off the .orig extension... as long as it doesnt make the photo's too tiny.)

Personally, I use Image-Station only for storage... if I want to direct link it, I use www.hunting-pictures.com and the other day I had good luck using www.boomspeed.com

Joe,
I like it alot. I think your mother let you play with knives when you were a child, didn't she? I love the sculpting of the handle!:D

Well my link worked but I see the knife in your initial post, wicked is the word for that rascal! Nice grind and good touch on the scales too, you're a clever one aren't you!?!

G2

I suppose once you've seen it the link works because the browser downloads it from your temp files and not from imigastation....

greetz and take care, Bart.

Wowsers Chisel, wicked is definitely the word for that one! Looks like it can cut ya comin and goin. I agree with Peter on the handle embellishment too, very nice touch!!!

I like all the knives I've seen you post. Especially the hawkbills, and especially this one.

thanks for the compliments gents!:)i appreciate it! i dont know what's up with image station lately...
never had a problem until recently:confused: looks like i'll have to get my knifemakers status now:D if you guys like this one...wait till i get the next batch back from heattreat!;)
i think someone opened up a hornets nest in my mind...

Hey Joe, Really cool knife. Thought you were headed to Bowie's for the hammer-in?. Well anytime you get together with a bud and make knives is always cool.
KEN (WWJD)

Joe M. Isn't your B'day coming up??? Huh!! I wonder what your Brother-in-law (chisel) going to give you??? Not this one, I know that.

Chisel that is one wicked-a** blade! I like that and you did a great job shaping the scales. Fantastic. Keep sharing work like this, it's inspirational!

Dave

PS - Satin thanks for the link to Boomspeed, I was able to load a few images there quickly. And they guarantee not to share your email address.

Joe -sounds like a great blade. Wish I could see it. If you get the knifemaker upgrade, plerase repost

Bob

Joe -Thanks to Rene I got to see that knife. "wicked" is an apt description - I also like the shape, grind and handle - a very slick and usable looking package

Bob.

Back