1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 4 of the BladeForums 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways is live!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Benchmade Limited Edition 319DLC-1801 Proper, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday January 26!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Matt "Charlie Mike" Freeman passed away unexpectedly last weekend. We have various threads posted in both the General & Community forums, please share your memories:

RIP Charlie Mike

A Go Fund Me has been started to help cover his funeral expenses: https://www.gofundme.com/cmftw-for-matt-f

Fell Beast Pre-Order 52100 +3V Closing 5/15

Discussion in 'The Huntsman Knife Company' started by Huntsman Knife Co., Apr 3, 2018.

1. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Hunter those look "killer", I'm sure that these will swing with authority.:eek:

2. grunt soldier

grunt soldier Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Wow no ones posted yet huh. Im loving mine. Awesome blade. A touch thicker than i was expecting but still super slicey. Its crazy snowy here but i still got out and cut some branches. Its lazer status through an inch thick or so.

Thanks sir. I dig it

3. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 10, 2010
    Glad you like it! The thicker stock size really adds to the chopping power. These should be able to out chop almost anything out there.

Im still working on these guys. Ive had alot of trouble getting the blanks straight. So for the time being Im just going to finish and ship all the ones that dont need straightening. Another batch of these will be going out shortly.

4. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    Sounds nice.

Any noticeable difference in how the blade fits the kydex? Blade rub? I imagine the retention is probably a small bit stronger.

Just curious.

These are turning out to be something quite special. :cool::thumbsup:

5. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 10, 2010
    I had to make new sheaths for them but they turned out nice and they offer smoother draw over the thinner model as the steel is more rigid and makes less contact with the inside of the sheath. I've long had a hard time getting the retention and draw right on machete sheaths. Long sappy blades are just tough.

For the Full sized replacement blades, I will have to make all new sheaths as well. The new stock will not fit the old sheaths. More work o_O

6. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Where are the 12" models at? Those are still in the thinner stock, right? Did they also require straightening?

7. grunt soldier

grunt soldier Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Mine was a 12 inch model. Its slightly thicker than i anticipated but still much more machete than chopper. And the sheath is a nice kydex sheath

8. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    So the 12” models are also in 1/8” stock? Any idea on the weight? Are they coming in much over a lb?

9. Huntsman Knife Co.

Sep 10, 2010
    The 12in models are in and being shipped. They are about .115 thick so very close to the normal size. Most of them needed straightening.

Brummie likes this.
  10. wireman12

wireman12 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Hey Hunter,
    How much longer are we looking at on the 12" in 3v?
    Thanks

11. Huntsman Knife Co.

Sep 10, 2010
    A couple days tops. I was going to finish a bunch up today but got snowed in.