Fenris: Question about Refurbishing CQC6

When you refurbished your CQC6, what exactly did you have done to the knife, how much did he charge, and how long was the wait?

I ask because I just received my aftermarket CQC6 and it is a bit old and scuffed up - it actually has the Benchmade clip from the Benchmade days. I called Emerson Knives but they are out of town on business and the girl I spoke to knew very little regarding custom refurbishing.

I need to get the blade refinished, new handle slabs (very strange handle slabs! Black micarta I believe with a smooth, soapy texture), new black clip, and new screws. Otherwise the knife is in very good condition and the blade is unbelievable. It is extremely sharp and the there is no second bevel - a true chisel grind.

I actually got my CQC8 refurbished. The edge needed to be redone a little and the linerlock adjusted to engage better.

Call again and they'll give you an address where custom knives are sent. You need to send in insured to them with a letter describing what needs to be done. It generally costs from $25-50 depending on what needs to be done. You can leave a credit card number that they'll charge or they'll send you an invoice after the work is done.

I had it done just as Emerson was starting that batch of 50 CQC6's that everyone was talking about so he was fairly busy. It took about a five weeks and I assume he's pretty busy now too.

But definitely call again to get the proper address because a P.O. Box cannot take packages.

Sincerely,

Jason Yang

Back