Fiddleback Backpacking Tarps

How well do these tarps shed water? Is there any maintenance other than keeping clean? Maybe a link to the BCUSA thread that had all this info?:D

How well do these tarps shed water? Is there any maintenance other than keeping clean? Maybe a link to the BCUSA thread that had all this info?:D

Nope, no maintenance required... Clean is always good :thumbup:

Here are the specs:

Tarps are made with 1.9oz nylon taffeta/rip stop, coated with 1.2oz of urethane, with 3/4" webbing tabs evenly spaced along the edges. They have 16 perimeter tabs, plus 3 additional tabs along the center seam line.

They weigh 1 lb, 11 oz, with the tarp and included stuff sack.

Ski

Last edited:
There is a guy over at BCUSA that spent 74 nights under his... There are a few others that seem to use them quite a bit.

I hope to get some good use out of mine this year.

Ski

I would buy one of the tarps. I haven't camped using just a tarp since I was a kid but now that I no longer live in mosquito country I would love to give it a try again. :)

A good quality ball cap with your logo on it. Can't beat a good hat. They are so hard to come by too.

like this only with your patch instead of the flag:

ZoomImage.aspx

http://www.uscav.com/ZoomImage.aspx?CatID=548&ImageURL=/prodinfo/enlarged/36117L.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the Tarp, Kanteen, Zippo, Bandana, maybe even a "boonie" hat if one was offered.
Great Ideas Folks

If you're doing the tarps, I'd like A nice quality Poncho with a big Azz spider on the back

Patches, Zippos, fire kit, belt buckle, spider antivenom would all be good too

These are GREAT ideas guys. I'm going to do the tarps for sure. Checking on Zippos. Love the tarp idea, and looking into Bandannas too.

What I'm looking at to start is the Etowah Outfitters 10x10. Exactly like the ones BCUSA had done in their small run, but hopefully cheaper.

"Made with 1.9oz. nylon taffeta or rip stop, coated with 1/2oz. of urethane, with 3/4in.webbing tabs evenly spaced along the edges. 10' x 10' & 12' x 10' tarps come with three tabs place evenly along the center seam."

My aim is to be able to offer it for $60 rather than the $70 which is standard.

Ideas for other outdoor products I could have manufactured and sell as Fiddleback products greatly appreciated.

Will that be $60 shipped? As the BCUSA ones are $70 shipped to you door, the tan ones are using all AMERICAN made fabrics and assembled in the US. From what I understand any other color Etowah has the fabric is from overseas.

Back