Fiddleback Friday 12/12/14

I will take a 12'" machete but if they are all gone I will take a 16". Please let me know thanks

This was a fun batch to look through and see who got what. Nicely done Andy and crew!

I keep finding myself scrolling through to see if there are any patch or recluse knives made and/or left. I'm gonna have to pull the trigger sooner or later. :)

Thank you Bill! If we hadn't had two wood handled versions your original post would have been sufficient. I appreciate you coming forward, sets a good standard. While I'd love to see you get the knife, to be fair we'll go by the first complete post which was Tha Baron's. Thanks again.

You're next in line Baron so she's all yours. Thank you!

Thanks Fellas! Very happy to snag the Gaucho and how everyone handled the confusion. Great bunch of guys here!

Any chance you could share the specs on the Gauchos? Overall length and blade length? Thanks Ken!

Sure thing - they have 4" blades and 4.5" handles. And a nice, tapering handle design that feels real easy in the hand.

Did someone take the green hearing one bushrapter? If not I'll take it

It turns out to be black herringbone. Day of small mistakes around here for me today. ;-) Let me know if you still would like it. Thanks.

I'll take the Hunter. Can't believe that one is still here. Sweet. 2014 1212 24 – Hunter with Black & Tan double bolsters, Tapered Tang, convex on 3/16” spalted 01 steel - $400

Nice choice! Thank you.

I will take a 12'" machete but if they are all gone I will take a 16". Please let me know thanks

I think we can find one more 12" machete for you. If not we definitely have a 16" with your name on it. Thank you.

Sure thing - they have 4" blades and 4.5" handles. And a nice, tapering handle design that feels real easy in the hand.

Thanks Ken, that sounds like an awesome knife! I'm definitely going to looking for one of these. I replied to your PM about the machete.

blue Mango Leuku
Ironwood ASP
Oak ASP
Black Herringbone Bushraptor *
Black Ash Patch (w/blue liners)
Crimson Esquire
1x 16" machete
3 Finger OD Green Karda

Let's get rid of these so that Andy can have a happy hanukkah, or whatever holiday us knife nuts use to justify spending.

santa_lighting_menorah_sticker-rd0b57431af264c4c8fcb5e07e6abf14e_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg

Not sure why a Leuku is still here! In Mango no less. Unfortunately the model does not come with the blade. Buffy the Vampire Slayer anyone? I'm in love.

19.+How+to+remove+mango+juice+stains+from+clothes.jpg

2014 1212 25 – Leuku with dyed Black Curly Mango over natural with white pinstripes, Tapered Tang, convex on 3/16” spalted 01 steel - $390

IMG_8559-vi.jpg

+ BOTH Asps. That oak is really fantastic, and ironwood is so dense that there is no point in stabilizing it. It is as natural as the hardwoods come for this application.

The ASP is very sheeple friendly :thumbup:

But not as much as the Wasp.

2014 1212 11 – ASP with dyed Curly Oak over natural with white pinstripes, SFT Tang, convex on 1/8” spalted 01 steel - $300

2014 1212 12 – ASP with Ironwood over natural with orange pinstripes, SFT Tang, convex on 1/8” spalted 01 steel - $300

IMG_8536-vi.jpg

Something tells me these patch knifes will be elusive in the future. Just a hunch. I sense palmers and f2s taking over the forge. Get it while you can. I've always liked blue pinstripes.

It's basically a mini-leuku, or leuku-lite.

2014 1212 08 – Patch knife with Black Ash burl over natural with blue pinstripes, SFT Tang, convex on 1/8” spalted 01 steel - $275

IMG_8530-vi.jpg

Esquire is for for men who want to live a fuller, richer, more informed and rewarding life. Style, manners, money, culture, and cuisine.

If you fit this profile, buy this knife:

2014 1212 01 – Esquire with Crimson micarta over natural with white pinstripes, Tapered Tang, convex on 5/32” spalted 01 steel - $305

IMG_8513-vi.jpg

The OD Green is not often seen. This would be a great match for an OD Glock, or for a discerning gentleman of nottingham forest, or for a cultivator of a certain plant used legally for medicinal purposes in many states, and recreationally in Colorado.

2014 1212 02 – 3 Finger Karda with OD green micarta over black with white pinstripes, SFT Tang, convex on 1/8” spalted 01 steel - $240

IMG_8514-vi.jpg

There MAY be a machete out there as well. If so, the forge had some secret machetes stashed in the back to hook you girls and guys up. If they are left, grab them quick!

They are made of a proprietary mashup of 5160, 1075, and 1095 and will run you about half the cost of a smaller piece from the forge.

IMG_8578-vi.jpg

There is rumor of an unsold Bushraptor in black herringbone, but its current status is unclear. The shop will clarify its availability if you are looking for a synth raptor.

I don't expect any of these blades will last long.

Last edited:
No apologies Shank! You must be absolved! Go give Michael two Hail Mary's and me all your Fiddlebacks.

Now wait a minute! That's not how this is supposed to work!!! I'm supposed to get a tenth of his knives, I think. 😉 👍👍

Michael

2014 1212 17 – Gaucho with Black Burgundy burlap over black with white pinstripes, SFT Tang, convex on 5/32” CPM 154 stainless steel - $350

I was hoping you'd snag that one. A new color for your rainbow, and in a new/rare model to boot! Congrats!

Michael

They are made of a proprietary mashup of 5160, 1075, and 1095 and will run you about half the cost of a smaller piece from the forge.

Don't forget 3V, M4 and S30V. Hahahaha. No they're 1075.

Ill take the leuku
2014 1212 25 – Leuku with dyed Black Curly Mango over natural with white pinstripes, Tapered Tang, convex on 3/16” spalted 01 steel - $390

Payment sent, let me know if I screwed that up!

Thanks,
Dustin

Last edited:
Can anyone give me a quick summary of handles between a 3 finger Karda (In this thread) and an ED Karda? I just sold my "old" style 3 finger Karda because the handle was a bit too curved for my hand. My hand was cramped with it. This is a different handle shape entirely.

Il take Black Herringbone Bushraptor if rcartmell3 does not take it - let me know if still available

Can anyone give me a quick summary of handles between a 3 finger Karda (In this thread) and an ED Karda? I just sold my "old" style 3 finger Karda because the handle was a bit too curved for my hand. My hand was cramped with it. This is a different handle shape entirely.

The handle on the new 3FK was too curved for me as well. Prefer the straighter EDK. I did like the blade on the new 3FK. More belly than EDK.

Pic for reference.

FBFTrio_01_zps97614659.jpg

Beautiful batch of blades as always guys. Man, I am sooo glad to see the Gaucho return! I had all but given up hope on one. The blue mango is a stunner. Man, the matching Monarch and esquire are really sweet also. That mango Leuku and black ash Patch would make a sweet combo also. man, I am so tired of being broke...

Back