1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Important Info! Fiddleback Friday 4/12/19

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, Apr 12, 2019.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Fiddleback Friday 4/12/19

A percentage of profits from Fiddleback Friday will go to our charity of choice, “Give Us Paws”.

These will go live at Fiddleback Forge's website at 9PM EST.
    Discussions are here, but grab yours on the site!

Here's the link:
    https://fiddlebackforge.com/collections/fiddlebackfriday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hiking Buddy - Desert Ironwood - Black Liners - Orange Pinstripes - 7.25” OAL - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 190409 01 - $300

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Loner - Natural Canvas - SCANDI - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 7.25” OAL - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 190409 02 - $250

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bushboot - Black Canvas - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 7.25” OAL - 1/8” O1 - SFT - 190409 03 - $250

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Monarch - Desert Ironwood - SCANDI - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 7.25” OAL - 0.114" CPM154 - SFT - 190409 04 - $385

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bushnub II - Bone Linen - Black Liners - Orange Pinstripes - 7.5” OAL - 1/8” A2 - SFT - 190409 05 - $290

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Reaper - Brown Jute Burlatex - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 8.25” OAL - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 190409 06 - $290

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bushcraft Tasker - Orange Burlatex - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 8.375” OAL - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 190409 07 - $315

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hunter - Desert Ironwood - Black Liners - Orange Pinstripes - 9.25” OAL - 1/8” A2 - TT - 190409 08 - $415

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Drop Point Handyman - Lacewood - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 7.625” OAL - 1/8” A2 - TT - 190409 09 - $340

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Recluse - Stormy Sky Box Elder Burl - Natural Bolsters - Thick Natural Liners - 8.5” OAL - 1/8” A2 - TT - 190409 10 - $395

Choppaman likes this.
  2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Runt - Stormy Sky Box Elder Burl - Natural Bolsters - Thick Natural Liners - 5.5” OAL - 1/8” A2 - TT - 190409 11 - $340

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    KPH - Peacock Hydro Shok - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 8.75” OAL - 1/8” A2 - TT - 190409 12 - $355

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Monarch - Blackout Honeycomb - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 7.75” OAL - 1/8” A2 - TT - 190409 13 - $355

Here's the link again:
    https://fiddlebackforge.com/collections/fiddlebackfriday

Want more photos? Check the email newsletter…or the blog post on the website under News & Events.

A.S., Scotcha, Kirkwood and 1 other person like this.
  3. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Cool batch! And some interesting stuff going on in there. Haven't seen O1 in a while. And is the "Monarch - Blackout Honeycomb - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 7.75” OAL - 1/8” A2" really A2? If so, what is with the spalting??

Outpost Allison and Choppaman like this.
  4. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    thanks

stippled flats

CAD likes this.
  5. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    that is the Bushboot that Andy made as the "Model Standard" to send off and have the CAD files (or whatever is needed in order to make a run of Mid Tech's done). That was a couple years ago and has been sitting in the vault. No Mid Tech Bushboots are in the plans.

Nbrackett likes this.
  6. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Oh my..... and that one.... and ....and....

It may be cheaper for me to just smash my laptop.

Bill

7. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    :D:D:D:D:D

8. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Holy smokes !!!! :eek: So many cool variations and material!! How can you pick just one :D Great batch guys!!!

9. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I'm experimenting with stippling the flats on some of the knives. We have found a new method for this and are working out kinds with it. I like the look a lot.

10. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    There's some cool stuff this week. I like the KPH and the Stormy Sky Box Elder Burl.

Choppaman, Outpost Allison and VANCE like this.
  11. Curl of the Burl

Curl of the Burl Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Merlins beard! This is a fantastic batch. Desert Ironwood looks stunning. When these go off I’ll be in the air enroute to Scotland.

Choppaman, Outpost Allison and VANCE like this.
  12. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Wow!! The Recluse and Runt set is really sweet!! I love the handle on the KPH!! I don't even hunt big game and I'd love to have that one. I wish I could have a swedged Bushboot with that handle material!! Mainly though, I wish I could afford the honey comb Monarch. It would be sweet for a project I have in mind for later.

Choppaman, Outpost Allison and NoRest like this.
  13. Tutone

Tutone Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Wicked taper on that KPH

14. Fiddleback Outpost

Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Forge Knives & Fiddleback Outpost Gear

Apr 29, 2016
    I'm posting this a few minutes before it's actually finished uploading...but...what could possibly go wrong?

15. Panthera tigris

Panthera tigris Street Samurai Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 21, 2012
    I see what you did there with the runt and recluse. Super nice matching combo.

VANCE and Fiddleback Outpost like this.
  16. got2hav1

got2hav1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Hunter is drool worthy !

VANCE likes this.
  17. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Wow! I really love this batch! I am so tempted to throw my hat in the ring for the scandi Monarch, but it would be irresponsible on my part having just put down a large sum for a custom order today.

Crosier likes this.
  18. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Very good variety, like the Hiking Buddy.

VANCE likes this.
  19. David L

David L Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2018
    That is the best runt I have ever seen!

Outpost Allison and CAD like this.
  20. burnside

burnside Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2012
    That is the nicest looking runt I’ve seen. Wish I could’ve scooped it up

Outpost Allison likes this.