Fiddleback Friday 5/18/2018

Fiddleback Friday 5/18/18
These will go live at Fiddleback Forge's website at 3PM EST.
Discussions are encouraged here, but purchase on the site!

Here's the link:
https://fiddlebackforge.com/collections/fiddlebackfriday

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Babyboot_-_Lacewood_-_3_2048x.jpg

Babyboot - Lacewood - Natural Liners - Yellow Pinstripes - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 180518 01 - $270.00

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Gnome_-_Dyed_Curly_Maple_-_1_2048x.jpg

Gnome - Dyed Curly Maple - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180518 02 - $270.00

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Sgian_Dubh_-_Osage_-_4_2048x.jpg

Sgian Dubh - Osage - Natural Liners - Blue Pinstripes - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 180518 03 - $270.00

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Sylvrfalcen_-_Curly_Ash_-_6_2048x.jpg

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Sylvrfalcen_-_Curly_Ash_-_7_2048x.jpg

Sylvrfalcen - Curly Ash - Natural Liners - Blue Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180518 04 - $340.00

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Hiking_Buddy_-_Dyed_Curly_Ash_-_3_2048x.jpg

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Hiking_Buddy_-_Dyed_Curly_Ash_-_4_2048x.jpg

Hiking Buddy - Dyed Curly Ash - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 180518 05 - $300.00

Fiddleback_Forge_-_EDC_II_-_Forest_Green_Burlap_-_4_2048x.jpg

EDC II - Forest Green Burlap - Black Liners - Lime Pinstripes - 3/32" A2 - SFT - 180518 06 - $290.00

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Handyman_-_Navy_Burlap_-_4_2048x.jpg

Handyman - Navy Burlap - Natural Bolsters - Natural Liners - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180518 07 - $330.00

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Bear_Cub_-_Dyed_Curly_Ash_-_6_2048x.jpg

Bear Cub - Dyed Curly Ash - Black Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180518 08 - $300.00

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Bushcraft_Tasker_-_Desert_Ironwood_-_4_2048x.jpg

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Bushcraft_Tasker_-_Desert_Ironwood_-_7_2048x.jpg

Bushcraft Tasker - Desert Ironwood - Black Liners - Orange Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180518 09 - $365.00

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Scorpion_-_Black_Canvas_Micarta_-_6_2048x.jpg

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Scorpion_-_Black_Canvas_Micarta_-_8_2048x.jpg

Scorpion - Black Canvas Micarta - Black Liners - Blue Pinstripes - 5/32" A2 - TT - 180518 10 - $315.00

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Chief_-_Evergreen_Burlap_-_5_2048x.jpg

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Chief_-_Evergreen_Burlap_-_7_2048x.jpg

Chief - Evergreen Burlap - No Liners - 1/8" A2 - TT - 180518 11 - $250.00

Fiddleback_Forge_-_Terrasaur_-_Sapphire_Burlap_-_1_2048x.jpg

Terrasaur - Sapphire Burlap - Natural Liners - White Pinstripes - 1/8" A2 - SFT - 180518 12 - $315.00

Fantastic array! I’m especially loving the Handyman and the ‘falcen. O’course. o_O

— Any chance of a return to the simple wooden FF background, and group pictures of 2-3 knives, for these ‘store’ sales?

The clean, straightforward silhouettes made it easier (for me) to see a knife quickly and clearly, and the visual comparison of similar-yet-different patterns combined in the same grouping was way helpful both during the sale and for reference going forward.

Side benefit: it would make it look less like y’all got bought out by the Outpost. ;)

~ P.

Three weeks in a row with no apprentice knives. Will they still be listed on Fiddleback Fridays?

I'm with ~P, I miss the comparison pictures.

Keep in mind...the apprentices have been dealing with a shop move for the last month...as well as trying to build inventory for their tables at Blade Show. There have been many times in the past where no apprentice knives were on Fiddleback Friday.

One of the reasons that there were "comparison" pics before was that putting multiple knives in one picture saved space here on Blade Forum...there's a limit to the number of photos you can put in the first post of the thread. That was especially an issue when a larger number of knives were posting. It was a constant frustration for Vance. All the pics had to be in the main post since the comments were always locked until 3PM. There was no room to add more photos to the conversation since people were already buying when the thread was unlocked, so adding pics then would be distracting and frustrating. With this format, we can do the main pics in the first post...and add any that you may like in the comments afterwards.

Keep in mind, since the preview is released earlier...we may have time to add requested photos. Just make a request and we will try to get it in before release time. It may prove to be too overwhelming...but maybe not...we're willing to give it a try!

We're also toying with the idea of additional preview types as well...we're still working through the ideas. The end goal is to have more flexibility to make the previews BETTER...but it's a process.

Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Outpost thanks for the feedback. I had no idea the apprentices were also preparing knives for Blade, how exciting for them.

As far as the pictures, several times I have bought knives based on a singular photo that turned out to be smaller or bigger than I had envisioned. Having the comparison pictures helped with perspective. I understand the changes Fiddleback Friday are going through is a process and I have no doubt you will get it right. Thanks for all you do and please be patient with us as we adapt to the changes as well.

The pictures would lose a certain appeal, perhaps be a bit boring and become more utilitarian, but if each one had the knife flat on one of those one-inch-grid mats, the knife's dimensions and shape would be very clear to the viewer. Some of the pictures taken at an angle look cool, but it sometimes creates a perspective that skews the relative dimensions between the handle and blade. The Friday pictures since I've been here have always been very attractive and appealing -- the last few weeks included. I just wanted to throw this idea out as a possible way to address some of the concerns being voiced.

The picture quality is really nice! I too miss the comparison pictures, they really helped me out. Hope this new format works out and brings in more sales!

How about a live video preview of the knives? With Andy Roy?

Fiddleback Friday LIVE!

at 2:30 (ish) with Andy Roy and Robert. We’ll be showing this week’s Fiddleback Friday release, talking Blade Show, and answering some questions.

-

We’ll try to do Instagram Live also...but the main feed will be over on our Facebook Page Facebook.com/fiddlebackforge

Wow. I had the Slyverfalcin in the cart within the first 5 seconds and then 10 seconds later it said sold out. Went back to try for the Sgain Dubh and it was sold out. All literally within 30 seconds. I even had my address and everything pre loaded with my phone. Guess my thumbs aren’t fast enough!

Hahaha, old habits! I'm still contemplating here and started copying/pasting into Notepad in possible prep for the unlocking. :confused:

I did the same thing and both knives I was gunning for were sold out in the first 20 seconds of going up for sale! Gotta be quick around here, eh? Lol

Aaaaaand, all the tapered tang Fiddlebacks are now gone.

It’s for the best actually, I should be holding out for the Monarch when I see the configuration I want!

Back