Fiddleback KPH sweetness

Hey guys! Scored this knife from an amazing forum member for a great price just before Christmas. I really liked the blade and handle shape from pictures, but I'm not a hunter so I wasn't sure if I would really appreciate the design, but I liked the look of it so much I figured what the heck, right? Received it on Friday, handled it that night and played with the GITD handle and lanyard ( so cool looking, kinda like it's glowing from within) and noticed ( like all Fiddleback knives) that the handle was very comfortable. The next day, made a few fuzzy sticks outside and noticed something, no hot spots, I mean, none, even on the most comfortable handles I've always had at least a little one at least, but with this one nothing! It's like this handle is perfect for me and the blade shape is amazing for food prep as well ( been cutting up everything I can, potatoes, apples, oranges etc).

Today decided to give a real test a try and make an oak walking stick. Mind you I've never made one before, just seemed like a fun project. All the work except for sawing the branch from the tree and sawing the smaller branches off was done with the KPH and my hands did not feel a bit of discomfort. Bravo Andy, seriously, it's just amazing.

Nice and new

53318b93.jpg

Started removing the bark

37f2d0ac.jpg

9c26ed7f.jpg

Cleaning it up a bit

f6643175.jpg

512fde5f.jpg

Final cleaning up before sanding

5d21dfe0.jpg

A very nice patina is begin to form

5ee97ed9.jpg

I remember when that came up for sale -- shadetree glow yarn handles and a glow-in-the-dark bullseye -- Sweet!!

The green handle looks great in full sun too...nice!

Might be the first time I've seen this in-hand...a bit smaller than I thought. Great looking blade!

The green handle looks great in full sun too...nice!

Might be the first time I've seen this in-hand...a bit smaller than I thought. Great looking blade!

Yeah, I was kind of surprised about the size for the blade when I first opened it, it really is a perfect balance between blade size and handle though

And thanks guys!

Back