Fiddleback Rarities

These aren't mine, just found them from old threads, but wanted to share for those who haven't seen them:

Aug10100_2739-vi.jpg

Aug10100_2742-vi.jpg

Aug10100_2747-vi.jpg

Aug10100_2757-vi.jpg

I think we've now touched on why we won't see too many full round handles in the future :eek:

Can I anyone help me locate the Blade Forum, I seem to have signed into something inappropriate...?

DSC_0006-M.jpg
DSC_0008-M.jpg
DSC_0010-M.jpg
DSC_0012-M.jpg
DSC_0014-M.jpg

I can't figure out how to get the pictures to be larger. Sorry.

Last edited:
How about a BushPik and a Woodpecker with matching scales? Pretty rare, I think, as these are the only ones I have seen in 18 months.
The pics are from the original owner, not much snow in SE Texas!
I was lucky enough to purchase these from the flea market, in fact the price was dropped as there was no interest originally.
I didn't know anything about them but really liked them so I took a chance. Still loving them!
widgetdr

qlhCvBX.jpg

nuBO5NB.jpg

:eek: Wow Widgetdr. I've always loved that set! However, I'll see your woodpecker..............and raise you a scandi version (1/8 O1, scandi, mosaic pin, shade tree firehose). Also pictured is an uncommon 3/32 O1, scandi, emerald green shade tree hiking buddy, and a rare 5/32, stainless, HOLLOW GROUND :eek: hiking buddy in tuxedo with a twist. Only 6 total woodpeckers have been made, and only two hollow ground Fiddlebacks have been made to date.

As you guys well know, the woodpecker is my favorite pattern, but one that Andy absolutely hates. He told me over the phone that this one will be the last he ever makes. Also pictured is my new RLO custom sheath for the "pecker". Enjoy!

:eek: Wow Widgetdr. I've always loved that set! However, I'll see your woodpecker..............and raise you a scandi version (1/8 O1, scandi, mosaic pin, shade tree firehose). Also pictured is an uncommon 3/32 O1, scandi, emerald green shade tree hiking buddy, and a rare 5/32, stainless, HOLLOW GROUND :eek: hiking buddy in tuxedo with a twist. Only 6 total woodpeckers have been made, and only two hollow ground Fiddlebacks have been made to date.

As you guys well know, the woodpecker is my favorite pattern, but one that Andy absolutely hates. He told me over the phone that this one will be the last he ever makes. Also pictured is my new RLO custom sheath for the "pecker". Enjoy!

Just to be clear, I'm not sure that is an "Official Woodpecker" as it was made after the "Original Woodpeckers." Maybe it's more of a clone or what I call a Woodpicker.

Kidding.... And BTW, Andy and Company have been digging deep down into the old patterns drawer lately....

Like the Firehose....

Ha. Thanks Swonut. I'll take a woodpecker anyway that I can get it. New, old, or otherwise.

By the way......I like you pecker as well. :eek:

Geez Bud. I've got to schedule a trip/visit to the mothership at some point in the near future. Love your pics but they make me jealous every time!!! Great stuff!

That is quite the pair of knives widgetdr!!!

Velosa, I saw that emerald scandi in Bud's sneak peak but never saw it come up for sale anywhere.... was that some kind of back door deal or did I just miss it? Just wondering, I am an evergreen burlap fan myself, but I was curious to see when that one would surface.

Hi Hasco. It was through an arrangement with the Fiddleback Crew!

Man, no wonder where that went....I've been searching all over for that since I saw it on Bud's sneak peek...very nice!!!
Let me know if you ever decide to let that go.....

Back