Fiddlebacks and Bourbon

James River

Gold Member
upmeKtf.jpg
5qTINd3.jpg

If anyone sees this bottle... GET IT!!!!

prom52

Gold Member
Fortunately or unfortunately I am working through a bit of a dry spell as I build immunity from the 2nd Covid vaccine shot. My doctor informed me that it's best to avoid hard spirits until the 2 weeks have passed. So till then there are a few bottles in waiting:

There are now eight roses in my flower garden waiting to be cut:

OiDwYE0l.jpg

Tried a sample of the Chestnut Farms Bottled -In-Bond at a local retailer. It went down nice & smooth with lots of flavor so I picked up a bottle:

YjNqrRcl.jpg

Another Christmas gift from a dear friend:

tA5kDe2l.jpg

Got real lucky and struck gold:

1H9nmGhl.jpg

Decisions, decisions, decisions as to what stopper to pop next. A guy can get mighty thirsty waiting two weeks till his next sip. :D

Cheers to all fellow Fiddleback & Bourbon lovers !

James River

Gold Member
Fortunately or unfortunately I am working through a bit of a dry spell as I build immunity from the 2nd Covid vaccine shot. My doctor informed me that it's best to avoid hard spirits until the 2 weeks have passed. So till then there are a few bottles in waiting:

There are now eight roses in my flower garden waiting to be cut:

OiDwYE0l.jpg

Tried a sample of the Chestnut Farms Bottled -In-Bond at a local retailer. It went down nice & smooth with lots of flavor so I picked up a bottle:

YjNqrRcl.jpg

Another Christmas gift from a dear friend:

tA5kDe2l.jpg

Got real lucky and struck gold:

1H9nmGhl.jpg

Decisions, decisions, decisions as to what stopper to pop next. A guy can get mighty thirsty waiting two weeks till his next sip. :D

Cheers to all fellow Fiddleback & Bourbon lovers !
Great line up! They sold Gold and Barrel proof Blantons on St. Thomas. I got to sample them often as I would pass the store. They would give you a full pour of all three Blantons for free/tip jar! That Bottled in Bond looks interesting. I love BIB bourbon. I think 100 proof is my number

prom52

Gold Member
Great line up! They sold Gold and Barrel proof Blantons on St. Thomas. I got to sample them often as I would pass the store. They would give you a full pour of all three Blantons for free/tip jar! That Bottled in Bond looks interesting. I love BIB bourbon. I think 100 proof is my number

What did you think about the barrel proof Blantons ?

prom52

Gold Member
prom52 prom52 That's a good line up of tasty bourbons. Those @Fiddleback knives look good too! First shot April 1

Thank you Sir ! Your first shot should be pretty easy going. The second shot however can be a whole different animal. It was a total beast for me. I was sick for three days with fever as high as 105. It felt like I was caught in a weird science experiment gone bad. My wife on the other hand had a relatively mild reaction to both shots. Wishing you the best !