Fiddlebacks and Food

More on this one later in another location :)
HYPOGLYCEMIC-3.jpg

Didn't realize Stone Cup was selling their own brand.....need to pick some up when I go back to Chatt in March!

Didn't realize Stone Cup was selling their own brand.....need to pick some up when I go back to Chatt in March!

It actually started from the coffee. Jenifer Stone owns Stone Cup Roasting. She travels the globe buying her coffees and has been involved with judging coffee competitions. She's a pretty amazing woman. She started the cafe several years ago and eventually got so busy she sold the cafe. But they still sell Stone Cup coffee exclusively, which is my favorite brand anyway. So much of what's available here locally now is a trend toward sour and acidic coffees. I prefer the richer sweeter more flavorful coffees like the ones that Jenifer roasts. The Mosaic, their flagship coffee, is my favorite of all.

Kylie & I have differing opinions of how a steak should be done. She prefers her's well done and I prefer medium rare or medium. In order to make things all come together near the same time...i cut hers up in bite size pieces.....and she likes little or no seasoning
2v2EHk8VGxurAoi.jpg

This is how I manage it
2v2EHkz7qxurAoi.jpg

When hers are ready, I pull them and put them in a and wrap it in tin foil....onto the veggies
2v2EHio4qxurAoi.jpg

2v2EHiu4yxurAoi.jpg

This is your Duck Hunting Lunch??
I want to hunt ducks with you!

Sure blows my foil wrapped everything bagel and cream cheese off the map.

This was my first trip to Reelfoot. All the blinds are permanent structures. This one was 30’x10’ and the boat pulls into the blind. They had a full size stove, 12v led lighting, heaters and a “bathroom”

I’ve never seen anything like it. Sure beats sitting in the cold marsh in a boat. The hunting wasn’t so great. A lot of downtime with not many ducks. Weather played a big part in that but I have to go when I get time off from work.

For sure, sorry I missed your question.
Let meat get room temp. Season beef with salt pepper.
Heat oven to 350F
1 onion diced.
3 cloves garlic minced
3 sprigs of thyme diced
1 cup red wine.
1 cup beef broth

Heat Dutch oven on burner till hot, then I use a little bacon grease and oil mixed together. Add short ribs to dutch oven and brown all sides, depending on temp about 90 seconds a side. Once meat is browned set aside.
Add in garlic onions and thyme to cast iron for 45 second (pan will be hot so move around onion mix to avoid burning) until onions start to so get clear. Then add wine to pan, use a spatula to get stuck meat and onions off bottom of pan. Let alcohol cook out of wine, about 2-3 minutes. I can normally smell when it’s gone. Then add in beef broth
Add back short ribs to Dutch oven, cover and put into oven for 2 hours.
I think the above makes sense, if not hit me up and I am sure I can explain better.
Tom
please tell me how to cook these. I've always wanted to do it.

Last edited:
Back