Fiddlebacks and Food

I seem to remember that one was “mistakenly” scribed in 3/32” but don’t remember it ever being released into the wild.
that is correct. Andy had a fit grinding it. It was thrown a few times & sat around forever in the "old big shop". The he finished it and I got it for my 40th b-day from him
Are you asking because you have one to show us?
ive posted it several times in this thread and on IG. just never vocalized what it was:p
2v2E4VG1WxurAoi.jpg

2v2E4VGcTxurAoi.jpg

that is correct. Andy had a fit grinding it. It was thrown a few times & sat around forever in the "old big shop". The he finished it and I got it for my 40th b-day from him

ive posted it several times in this thread and on IG. just never vocalized what it was:p
2v2E4VG1WxurAoi.jpg

2v2E4VGcTxurAoi.jpg
I didn’t get anything even close to that nice when I turned 40 a couple months ago. :(

2v2E4VG1WxurAoi.jpg

2v2E4VGcTxurAoi.jpg
I bet that ones great in the kitchen!:thumbsup:

I don't know...maybe I should cut Peter Jackson some slack on his modifications of the happenings in Middle Earth. Since the part of Gondor just west of Anfalas sort of looks like a boot to me...I see that area as maybe being where the Middle Earth version of Italy was. So my mind sometimes says odd little things like..."One of these days we should go try that new Anfalan place over in Minhiraith...I hear tell it's pretty good..." when I am shooting food images and studying shots for the calendar project...maybe I'm no better... But hey at least I am wanting to write more of the story that was left out, and not so much wanting to leave out and change parts that actually were written.
20190610_193326.jpg

20190610_234428.jpg

20190610_233129.jpg

I was always wondering about a sea adventure from Rivendale or like from the port where Aragorn came ashore with the dead army in the movie. Maybe there are lands where the Corsairs came from, was that them?

I was always wondering about a sea adventure from Rivendale or like from the port where Aragorn came ashore with the dead army in the movie. Maybe there are lands where the Corsairs came from, was that them?

I've been trying to sort out how to do the next to the last shot, the one for December, which I think I want to be of an Elven knife left behind on a table laden with food and wine at the Gray Havens with the sea in the background. I may have to paint the Elven ship in if I can't find a reasonable representative for it in soft focus in the distant background. The last scene, the next January, will be a scene from the Shire at Sam's or the Green Dragon to suggest the continuity and the timelessness of it all.

If you look at the map I am using to draw my maps from, the Corsairs came from the direction of Haradwaith, they came up through Ithilien on the River Anduin in the northeast area of the Bay of Belfalas. Much like the Southrons came out of Far Harad, below and west of Haradwaith and up through Ithilien on their huge Oliphants. I have always seen those area as having a sort of a middle eastern or southeastern Mediterranean flavor just because of the map lay out and being fond of studying the developments of our own real human histories, and I guess Peter Jackson did as well looking at his images of them. I have been studying Middle Eastern cuisine in an effort to sort the shots for scene from that part of Middle Earth as well. And I guess I need to find and befriend a knife maker who makes knives in the Persian style

Anfalas, the part I see as possibly being possibly an Italian-like or Northeastern Mediterranean-like culture cuisine wise, is on the western point of Gondor pointing to the compass.
5d04a105-e66b-4d9b-b218-928c691eb83d.jpg

Sometimes it's nice to have something that's big sharp and pokey to help get through the big sharp and pokey briers to get to the really juicy and sweet blackberries :)
20190626_183425.jpg

20190624_202249.jpg

20190624_202002.jpg

Back