• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Field Dirk.

This is the latest of my field dirks. The field dirk is the combat/deployment version of my spanish dirk influenced designs. I lack the desire to complexify the thing, so simple and sweet and smooth is what you get.

376-01.jpeg

Overall length is 15 1/2 inches.

Blade length is 9 1/4 inches.

Handle length inside the guard is 5 5/8 inches.

This is made of 5160 steel, with a full quench heat treat and 3 cycles ramp-down temper. Blade is .235 inches thick through the tang, then has a moderate distal taper coming forward along the blade.

Blade is single edged with a full convex grind and a reverse 1/3 convex grind that lightens it considerably without inducing flex. Blade is finished to 600 grit hand rub, for a high satin.

Handle scales are black linen micarta, with stainless tubing pins fore and aft. Scales have a final hand rub to match the blade at 600 grit. The fibers in the micarta keep a good grip, even so.

Sheath is an Explorer model. 8 ounce leather, double needle hand stitched on all seams, double seamed through the length of the sheath. Belt hanger is removable and adjustable, mounted using chicago screws. Retaining snap opens at the bottom of the handle spine, which greatly helps in resisting strap cutting while unsheathing or resheathing the blade.

Sole authorship on the whole package, KoyoteGirl is still making sheaths, but not all of them. And we've been splitting parts of the work so long I can't even tell who has done which part of a given sheath we both work on.

full photo directory on my website is at

http://old.koyoteknives.com/photos/knives/03xx/376/

Asking $325, SOLD

thanks for looking, here's the rest-

376-03.jpeg

376-06.jpeg

376-handle-01.jpeg

376-inhand-05.jpeg

Last edited:
I first saw this and thought, wow, that is a nice knife...Then I saw the in the hand shot and realized this thing is a monster!

Looks like you could take an arm off with that thing.

Provo, Utah, has blown up my website.

It should be back by 03:00 Pacific time, at which point, the photos will return

Wow. This is a very fine knife and sheath. I agree, any embellishments would detract from the purity of it's clean, unfettered lines.
I just don't do enough dirking to justify buying it, but it would be a pleasure to own and handle i'm sure.
Congrats Christof. I think this is the best of your already fine knives i've seen.
roland

Last edited:
Excellent! Love it!

(In the interest of full disclosure, I'll own that I own the sister knife to this one, so any enthusiasm on my part should be considered heavily biased by the casual web browser. But I'll go ahead anyway and say that this knife has great feel and balance. It's a serious knife and Christof seems to have brought a number of ideas together in one impressive package. 'Impressive' being used in the broadest sense of the term.)

wow, heckuva price for a gorgeous knife (and sheath)!! If my financial winds change I'll be on that, but alas by the time I know I'm sure this will be gone . . . .

I can't believe this is still here. If I only had the cash, it'd be MINE!! ;)

Back