Field Fighter Users / Tactics / Techniques

Any other advocates of the Field Fighter (designed by Bob Spear and made for a limited time by both a custom and production maker some years back) who are still carrying / working with this knife out there?

If so, what have your experiences been? How are you training with the knife? How has it held up? Do you use for other applications such as hunting or camping? What type sheath have you found most practical? Are you using a custom or production version of the knife?

Have you made any modifications to the knife, such as adding non-slip tape to the grip?

This is a very unique piece of CQB cutlery and I've found over the years that Mr. Spear's design and thought processes were exceptionally valid. Further constructive commentary on the Field Fighter is invited and much appreciated.:)

I, personally, have never even heard of this knife, anyone got a picture? historical info on it? *is very interested to learn more*:confused:

The field fighter from Bob Spear is one rare knife.

Very few custom models were made, and a short production run was tried.

Bob did a book on the field fighter and his methods of using it.

It also showed up in a "Rogue Warrior" novel or two.

It is a large bowie-style knife with a massive hand guard. The sheath had to be specifically designed to take the size of the guard into account during carry. However, it is fast in the hand once gotten used to and one's hand is certainly well protected during use!

I don't have a photo for you. Maybe in the future.

Hi Mr. Walker,

There were a few threads on the Field Fighter. I believe they were made for Mr. Spear by Mineral Mountain. Someone stated that that the temper was off on a few. I really liked the design, but thought that the handle might be a bit uncomfortable, what do you think?

HTH:D!!!

Back