Field work with the GK 16" Bonecutter

I also got a Bonecutter 10 or so years ago. Pretty sure it was at the same time as Hollow. It was not the prettiest kukri (in no way to I mean this as a slam always cared more about function in these) that I have had but I will say that it it was one heck of a cutter. Heat treatment was solid and did not have any problem with the edge. Either damage or edge holding. Well done handle, size and shape. Over all the kukri handled very well. Had it and 2 from H.I stolen at the same time. Not a good day to be sure. Glad to see I may get a chance to try another one.

Last edited:
Hi HD,

I've got a question here on the bigger BC:

The one on the left looks like it is a 22 incher (with the 16 incher next to it)
Have you got the specs for that big boy?
Also did you chop with it? how do you like it?

Cheers
J

Last edited:
I don't know. I'll try to check it out and report back. I'm not sure whether I've used the biggest one or not. I think the one larger tree I posted last was done with the intermediate length one.

Hi hd
I am getting tremendous orders for those khuks. Do you have the weight for the first khuk in the pix?

Hi Pradip

It's hard to believe people want those super big heavy Bonecutters. A 16 - 17 inch 690-750 gram Bonecutter will do any heavy chopping job plus still be light enough to do finer tasks. Once you get over 800 grams (for me) it becomes a dedicated heavy chopper only.

I would love to see you make one under 700 grams at about 16 inches.

Hi Pradip

It's hard to believe people want those super big heavy Bonecutters. A 16 - 17 inch 690-750 gram Bonecutter will do any heavy chopping job plus still be light enough to do finer tasks. Once you get over 800 grams (for me) it becomes a dedicated heavy chopper only.

I would love to see you make one under 700 grams at about 16 inches.

Agree. I have 3 of them @ 14.5", 16" and 17.5" and i have to say the 16" version is most versatile.

Back