Fighter/Bowie

[/IMG]Needs finishing touches.
O-1 full heat treat
Ziricote scales/Brass fittings
8" blade- 13" oal.

Thanks for the comment and looksee Mike. I'll post final finish pics soon. I finally bought a digital camera. I just need to figure it out. This was a scanner pic, it barely fit on the machine.Also I just got 17 blades back from HT and my attention is in 17 different places.I love it !!

17 blades. What kind of grinder do you have. I wish I could pump out knives like that.

Mike

The blades were ground over about a three week period between actually finishing a couple blades. My local friendly heat treater told me to bring him lots of blades at once instead of a couple every couple of weeks.Seeing how he won't charge me (really nice guy) ,I do what I'm told. He really likes knives and says it breaks up the boredom of doing tiny industrial parts day in and out. Every blade is a different style of hollow and flat grinds. It was more work coming up with ideas than grinding them.

By the way, I use a Bader II and a Grizzly with 8" and 10" wheels. The Bader is my dedicated flat grinder although it has extra tooling arms and various wheels. (life sucks)

Back