Fighter- Koa and damascus (quick video added)

I just finished this. It's been nearly complete since before I went back to work, but my shop time has been extremely limited.

The blade is random pattern damascus, a 416 stainless guard, 416 and G10 spacers, domed/polished 416 pin, and super Koa for the handle. The sheath was super influenced by Paul Long ;) :) it has a random pattern damascus stud and is all hand saddle stitched.

Thanks for looking. :)

*** that's not a big ugly secondary bevel, it's just weird lighting. The blade is convexed down to an edge... I'm just having a hell of a time with my photos. :eek:
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

[video=youtube;ys7w_qNkagU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys7w_qNkagU[/video]

Last edited:
it's ok, I guess.

I love seeing new finished knives from Nick Wheeler.

Makes me believe in humanity just a little bit.

Beautiful piece, am sure the new owner will be ecstatic!

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

One of the things I like (alot) about Nick's work, is that he won't be rushed....and
IT SHOWS...

Nicky!, I guess the rumor of your passing was exaggerated! Hooray!

The knife is just what I expect from you, but the sheath................The sheath is as good as I have ever seen from anyone. It certainly reflects your meticulous craftsmanship in every phase from design, tooling, stitching and all around construction. I am flattered to even be mentioned,

Paul

Outstanding as usual!

So nice to see your work again.

Steve
----------
Member, W.F. Moran Jr. Foundation
ABS AP

Nick Who does it again!

Love it

The handmade frog for the sheath is a nice compliment. Oh and the knife looks ight too :D

Gorgeous Nick. While I like every detail of every aspect of this knife and sheath package, the incredible Koa handle is enough to do it for me. Mike

I like the fact he does things you will never see like hand file the tang to give epoxies something more to grab :)

I think he even textures his pins for glue :thumbup:

Back