File worked Case Trapper

I have a Case trapper with filework on the back of the blades and springs. I bought the knife new and have not seen another like it. Just wanted to know if anyone has seen one and when was it made. I came in a silver and red box.
knives035.jpg

knives036.jpg

If you show us a close up of all the markings on the tang we could tell you the year of manufacture. (The side with Case XX, SS)

It looks like 1988 from a quick look.

1988 bone, re-handled in stag. Should have just left the shield off.

I would say there is a reason you haven't seen one like it before.

LOL! I hesitated to say anything after I saw the "6". ;)

I recon the file work may have been done post production.. But not 100% sure at this time.

It's like Knifeswapper said..."the knife has been taken apart, fileworked, and then rehandled". Case didn't do the filework or the stag on the handle. Their stag wouldn't look like that on a knife. Not much different from a lot of the customized one's that folks are doing these days. Actually looks like pretty decent fileworking.

I see that post by Knifeswapper now but didn't before. My computer is slow today and intermittent power outages from Hannah aren't helping. Anyway, thanks for the clarification, Perry.

Anthony

Pack up the family, Anthony. We can find a spot for you here in the "holler". ;)

Pack up the family, Anthony. We can find a spot for you here in the "holler". ;)

Son on this light tackle, sh!tfire ;), you know I sure do appreciate the invite but I am a committed rascal when it comes to these Dag-on hurricane storms, and always have been dontcha know. This Ike SOB has got me a little on the concerned side so I recon I'll likely board up this go-round for him..

But seriously, thank you very kindly for the invite. You never know, I may take you up on it someday. And, you of coarse know, we would always do the same you & yours if need be!:thumbup:

Best,

Anthony

...and intermittent power outages from Hannah aren't helping...Anthony

Hope all is well there - or getting better, whatever the weather is doing to you. I lived in SC and NC, and we got several of those hurricanes when I was in SC. They were enough to scare anyone.

No power? That's the times I get out the lanterns, light up a fire in the fireplace, huddle up with my knives and have some "maintenance" time. Actually, now that I have a bench, I may try my hand at some file work, on some cheaper ones.

Good luck to you folks -

thx - cpr

Hope all is well there - or getting better, whatever the weather is doing to you. I lived in SC and NC, and we got several of those hurricanes when I was in SC. They were enough to scare anyone.

No power? That's the times I get out the lanterns, light up a fire in the fireplace, huddle up with my knives and have some "maintenance" time. Actually, now that I have a bench, I may try my hand at some file work, on some cheaper ones. Good luck to you folks - thx - cpr

orca,
Thanks for the well wishes and blessings, partner!. I agree with you on the fireplace and lantern time too.. keeps cabin fever low if you stay occupied.

Hannah is lonng gone here now, we sent it on too jackknife's neighborhood!. :eek: :p

You know I am just kidding too..;) Though she is probably a heck of a rainmaker..

Blessings to all,

Anthony

I read the post and thank God we only have earthquakes in CA. Never dealt with destruction like you get back east. I pray in earnest for your safety and well being for your family and neighborhood.
God bless you,
CJ65

"I pray in earnest for your safety and well being for your family"

Ditto! Stay safe.. and hang in there.. I have family in FL, and several forum friends in NC and SC... you'd think this wouls be old hat, but I still worry a great deal for ya'll.

G.

Folks, nobody is more concerned that I am for Anthony's (and family's) safety and I am in touch with him regularly (privately) but please let's take this to email or PM and get back on topic out of consideration to the original poster.

Thank you.

Sorry Blues. :)

G.

No need, Ice Tigre. I also posted to Anthony about his situation. What makes this place special is the concern we share for one another for the most part.

But, any of us that need to can reach SunnyD via email or PM and that will free this thread up to return to its original intent or to allow it to die a natural death when its time is up. :thumbup::cool:

Thanks to all here for your concern and prayers, its very much appreciated!

Blues and Bozack, please accept my apologies as well as I realize I got OT myself several posts back, it won't happen again. :eek: :(

Anthony

It's okay, Sunny, really, no need for that. :eek: I guess we'll just make this thread a sacrificial lamb.

Okay, group hug time! :cool: ;) Ah, that feels better. :p

Now, back to regular programming... :thumbup:

Back