Final Stretch Of 2019

JK Knives

We are going into the last quarter of 2019, and it’s time to start thinking about this forum renewal.
I would like to see more activity here, there are basically 2 or 3 people posting. If you want to see the forum continue, participate by posting. It can be about most anything, not just knives.
I would like to see who is still interested in my knives.

John, there are not that many makers here that do O1 as well as you, don’t really have enough cash to keep you going but enough for a couple of blades this next year. Also this bunch of guys are not that intimidating.

Well, I am waiting for my first JK, and I am excited to get this one in hand and put this one to use. I went with a Roach Belly Lite in 154CM, but looking to try some of JK’s 01 very soon. Hard going into holidays, already counting funds for the months ahead. Just how the brain works, well mine anyway.

Well, I am waiting for my first JK, and I am excited to get this one in hand and put this one to use. I went with a Roach Belly Lite in 154CM, but looking to try some of JK’s 01 very soon. Hard going into holidays, already counting funds for the months ahead. Just how the brain works, well mine anyway.
Hi Chris, didn’t realize you were on here!

I really like my RBL, but you may want to consider having John add 1/4” - 1/2” to to the handle length for extended use comfort. What thickness steel and grind did you choose?

Jeff

I'm new to the John family but I've been very pleased with your work and have been trying to work my way into more conversations without being too annoying about it, hopefully. I really like that you offer alterations to your current designs or let us design something that you will work on, but I'm not sure that, that interest is shared by as many as I would have thought. Custom builds seems very common in some other hobbies of mine especially cycling.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the recommendations. I will send John an email.

I went with 154cm, 3/32, green canvas micarta. Looking for a good hiking buddy, and I like to eat well on the trail. Anything you could add is appreciated, as some older pics you posted on other forums is how I decided on this knife. Thanks, Chris

Last edited:
3/32” would have been my only other suggestion. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

Jeff

3/32” would have been my only other suggestion. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

Jeff

I really like the design for the RBL.
John, was cool with the adjustments on specs. Also like the design you made for the M22. How are you liking that knife for edc? Think that might be my next one stretched out a bit 3/32 + 01

Thanks for the kind words! The M-22 carries nicely in either front or back pocket in this slip sheath.

afrgaWv.jpg

Jeff

Hmmm...I guess I've only bought one from you so far this year, and my Camp Knife must have been last year. I love the forum, how much does it cost to renew? There are more JKs I'd like to get, too!

Cost of the forum is not the issue, it’s lack of people coming here to post on topics, start new topics, and see what I have to offer.
It’s really not much fun to visit here when nothing is going on. I can’t always be the only one posting new topics, need others to keep it interesting.

Cost of the forum is not the issue, it’s lack of people coming here to post on topics, start new topics, and see what I have to offer.
It’s really not much fun to visit here when nothing is going on. I can’t always be the only one posting new topics, need others to keep it interesting.

I know it is tough when others do not post, I hope things pick up, I will do my part by contributing here, hopefully adding to the ideas and expanding others, and by mentioning often when I can and where I can that JK knives are good knives and John is really great to work with.

Yeah, forums in generally are a bit slow. It seems like a lot of folks do Facebook, Instagram and other places I can't even name. But I'm not a social media guy beyond forums.

I check every day, and this forum is more active than most, believe it or not. All about Facebook and Instagram these days.

I had to get off of facebook - I think it is ruining the world. I deleted all content there.

Maggie and I have been busy in Tennessee - getting ready for the remodel of the house we bought in April. I am getting a 40' storage container delivered to the property and we'll move everything from the house out to the container so the builders can demo. We are taking out walls, adding new rooms, all new floors, all of the popcorn ceilings refinished (that must be a woman thing - but Maggie wants it gone), all new paint, new kitchen and bathrooms.....It's going to be a big project and has required a lot of planning.

I also have a big detached garage full (and I do mean full) of stuff from the house in Peoria. I'll either sell or donate most of the ephemera that I have collected over the years.

I had sold a few Busse knives - but then used the money to buy more lol - that's how it goes.

I still have all of my JK's - haven't parted with many of those over the years - a couple at a gathering and that has been about it.

We are loving living here in TN - we are just north of the Alabama border. We drove to Huntsville yesterday to shop at Costco - it is a nice drive. We watched the moon come up over the mountains as we were driving home, very cool.

Funny thing, I am using more gas in the tractor than I am in my truck lol - I am 1.3 miles from town but I am mowing 1.4 acres. I'll be mowing today too - it is supposed to be 72 and sunny - it's looking good but it was in the upper 30s last night.

best

mqqn

Back