1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Finally pulled the trigger

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Rhodies, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Rhodies

Rhodies

Jul 27, 2017
    Just placed my order for the Hapstone V7 w/Basic Stone Bundle and with the order, I ordered an extra 120, 220gr Edge Pro Stones and a Shapton Glass 8000gr to top off the stones.

Thanks for all the answers to questions and what can I say, a bunch of great knife enthusiast on this board!

Dave

2. maximus83

maximus83

Nov 7, 2011
    Congrats. Looking forward to a full review, with pics!

3. brasileiro

brasileiro

Aug 26, 2011
    I make the words of maximus83 mine. :thumbsup:

4. Rhodies

Rhodies

Jul 27, 2017
    I expect the Hapstone to arrive by weeks end, hoping by Saturday anyway, it'll give me the weekend to play around with.:) I have an older Endura ATS-55 that I'd like to use as a Guinea Pig and reset the bevel to 20 dps. Yes, will snap some pics and write up some sort of review. Technical writing was never my strong suite so be forewarned. :eek:

brasileiro likes this.
  5. adamlau

adamlau

Oct 13, 2002
    Why pick up EP stones when you can use full-sized alternatives?

6. Rhodies

Rhodies

Jul 27, 2017
    No particular reason... Maybe next time I order I'll find a reason.

7. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I don't know what a HapstoneV7 is but I like the sound of the stones you picked.
    I will stay tuned to learn more.
    PS: I have the 120 and 220 Edge Pro stones, was using them on my M4 yesterday :thumbsup:

Rhodies likes this.
  8. Rhodies

Rhodies

Jul 27, 2017
    The Hapstone looks like a Edge Pro but with a metal base and a magnet that holds the knife in place. Both achieve similar results. see https://www.gritomatic.com/products/hapstone-v7-knife-sharpener

9. Rhodies

Rhodies

Jul 27, 2017
    Here's a couple of snaps... The sharpener along with accessories arrived this afternoon.

10. Rhodies

Rhodies

Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    brasileiro likes this.
  11. M-S-T

M-S-T

Sep 20, 2016
    Nice. I have V6. Soooooo much better than EP