Finally!

Hey,
What about the feeling you get when it finally arrives. Doesn't really matter what it is. It's only important that your awaiting its arrival. You know what I'm talking about.
I get this " That's so BaddAss!" body rush.
With knives and guns its really brutal. If... their what you were hoping for.
Sometimes their not and I really hate that. When you wait forever and it sucks.
We have mailed people knives and forgotten to sharpen them. Doesn't that suck? They waited forever! And wham!
Okay...
It has finally arrived.
I'm a hands on person. I need to touch it way more than see it. I learn with my hands.
Gimme it!
You can pretend you don't feel that way, but you do.
Now here it is, in your hands...
Maybe made of metal. Or not.
If it's a knife, well...you know. You do your knife tests. Everyone has them. You get the feel of it. You look at it in every way. I like to look at knives in the mirror. Not like ‘here's me with a knife'. Just the knife. Have you ever done it? Try it.

If your reading this and don't know what I'm talking about, I'm sad for you.
Because its sweet.

My wife laughs at me. "What are you doing"? I keep my new stuff with me for a long time.
Ill keep it with me while I eat dinner. Just in case I need to check it out.
I always analyze things. Ill have a knife in my hands for hours running my hands over it. Checking it out. Not like knife technique or anything. Just feeling the grindlines.
Maybe I'm a knife person, who knows.

Anyway,
I love that new stuff feeling.
I also love the feeling of seeing you guys get that feeling when you pick up our stuff.

So thanks for your interest.

Ever Vigilant

Mick

Truer words were never spoken: especially with Striders and Emersons.
Got my 1st Strider about 9 months ago and now i have 6 plus 3 on order, maybe 4. Thank god it is always been a good rush when opening up the strider box, best one has to have been the MSC 7.5 and the AR.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work so i can give you more of my money, just give me the damn steel !

I always act the same way when I get something new. Especially when I get a new knife!

Jeff

Boy! I am glad you and Duane are around, doing what you guys are really Great at!

I just love to admire and feel close to your work when they come in. Just admiring the wonderful metal sculputuring on the blade, and the sharp edges you do.Carrying and using the new toys when I go out in the countryside is a big part of my trips :)

Thanks guys
Warmest wishes,
Oliver

Man, I felt like I wrote that! That is so me. I just got a Scott Black friction folder yesterday, It is sitting by the keyboard now.

Mayo is killin me at the moment, waiting on my new TNT!! I keep telling myself " Yes, he's feeble-minded, but he won't forget your TNT".:p

I am going to a small show tomorrow. There will be a guy there that sometimes has Strider Knives...I'm hoping he will have one or two:D

What a bunch of nutballs!!!!!!!!!
In the MIRROR???????!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????
there are only two things I want to do when I get something new....
1]wind it up
2]shoot it!!!! :p:):p:):p

Mick,

I hear you - I always hate/love the bit from when you see that your new toy is on the local delivery van, but not at the house yet. Every time you hear an engine, the feeling of looking out the window - is that it???

On the other subject of this thread, I always thought that Tom just put the holes in, I guess that must be the shooting reference - wonder what caliber they are .22? :D :D

Regards,

Ed

I need to let my wife read this thread. I thought I was the only one who did the mirror test. She'll be either comforted or horrified to see that there are other freaks out there just like me. The only problem with the new stuff addiction is the constant need for a fresh fix.

Mick, In the last few years I have found that for myself although the anticipation is great, the real satisfaction derives from the relationship that developes with the maker. I have purchased a few knives thru dealers that are NOT being resold, but first time offerings. This is OK but cuts out the relationship with the maker. I DO NOT deal with resellers. After the acquisition, some get used and some do not. Nothing is sold. Some are actually given as gifts.-Dick

I know what you mean.

I jus' got my t-shirt and it's pretty sweet. (Delivery was quick too.)
Thank's Mick. ;)

Well I tried the mirror test on something I have been waiting to get for a LONG, LONG TIME (12 years I have been working on getting this from a guy I know!!) It looks good in the mirror....but I like holding it better!!!!!! :):):) 5.5" 44 Special 2nd Generation Colt Single Action Army!!! :)
Now if I can bring myself to actually getting it dirty!!! :p

Tom,

Does this mean that the next batch of TNTs will have a single large hole in a curved handle? :D :D

Regards,

Ed

Back