"Find all posts by" limited?

When using the "Find all posts by" feature under a member/user it seems the search is limited to only 20 pages of posts. Is that on purpose? I know in the past I could look all the way back to a person's original posts, but no more if they happen to post a lot.

The search result has always been limited to 500 posts. If you were looking at original posts then you must have chosen a specific forum or filter criteria.

I beg to differ. In the past, I was able to use the function to see the first posts of long time members. I know I didn't use a filter as I've never successfully used a filter as a search term.

From 5 years ago.

maybe those with problems should also write down what words / phrases they searched for. As far as i know, bf.c only lists the top 500 hits, but like cougar said - a certain word could result in millions of hits before the top 500 are filtered out, thus causing the error.

That is a different form of search. I'm talking about going into your public profile and hitting the "find all posts by" button. In the past, I could see every pro Bush post and Marty chop you ever made, now just the most recent 20 pages worth. I absolutely know I could do it in the past because I read many many of Gigone's early posts. Not because he is interesting but because we were having a friendly digging up dirt competition. It was the only search method I used to see his first posts. I had that ability in January of 2007....

Last edited:
Are you sure that you didn't click on find all threads started by user instead of find all posts by user?

The former will obviously go a little farther backwards in time.

I just clicked the "find all posts by" in your tag and it did only pull up the last 500 posts.

I'm pretty sure you could search back the first post before too.

I, too, have always been able to read only the last 500 posts, when using this feature.

Search results are limited to 500 posts. You can do an advanced search by username for earlier posts, but the default ones will just bring up the latest 500

Search results are limited to 500 posts. You can do an advanced search by username for earlier posts, but the default ones will just bring up the latest 500

Thanks for clearing that up. I can't imagine myself being that sophisticated in my search strategy, but I suppose it could have been possible. :eek: :p

edit just tried it in advanced....
Still doesn't seem to work as I remembered it (i.e. advanced search of user name and find all posts by yields only 500 posts), but perhaps I actually did a search for "posts started by" as Nordic Viking suggested.

Back